Skip to main content

NBA Draft Rankings From Worst to First (30 -21)

Instead of grading the NBA Draft for teams like everyone else on the planet I'm going to order the teams on how I thought they did for themselves in this draft.

30. Houston Rockets - I'm sorry but I despise the trade the made. They traded away Gay who arguably has the most talent of any player in the draft, just need to be more assertive, and Stromile Swift, he sucks but he's an athlete and their starting power forward, for Shane Battier? Shane Battier are you kidding me. Battier is never going to be anything better than a role player. He will be solid for the Rockets and they could use defense but they solved nothing in this draft. The Rockets needed a more reliable point guard than Rafer Alston and they needed a lights out shooter. They got Battier, not a shooter that scares anyone and are stuck with Alston at the point. Nice Job. See look at him, would you want him on your team, not unless you were attending a WNBA game or a Madonna concert with him and Ozzie Guillen.

29. New York Knicks - Alright I'm not going to kill them on the Renaldo Balkman or Mardy Collins draft picks, I don't think they are necessarily bad, granted it was a big reach but lets be honest here do you expect to get anyone great at pick 20 and 29 anyway? Atleast neither of this guys are going to want to shoot the ball 30 times a game like everybody else on their roster. The reason why I put them down here is because they should have had the #2 pick in the draft but instead the have a fat out of shape unmotivated talent in Eddie Curry and they are giving up their pick next year as well. Ouch, go Zeke.

28. Boston Celtics - I despise all of these moves made by Danny. The Celtics needed a point guard, an actual point guard a guy who can distribute, make clutch free throws, hit an open jumper and mostly run an offense. Instead they pick up two guys are only play point because there body size dictates it. Telfair is 5-11 170, I am 5' 8 170 and I didn't make my high school basketball team because in part because I wasn't big enough. Not to mention that he is Stephon Marbury's cousin. And then trading for the Suns pick was a good idea, but then picking up Rondo instead of Marcus Williams I despise this. Rondo shot 57% from the stripe last year. That is feeble. They already have Delonte who is a shooting guard playing point, and he's better than Telfair and Rondo. I read an article in the Globe and Danny sounded like my college baseball coach in that he seemingly cared more about track speed than point guard skills.

27. Seattle Supersonics - Why do the Sonics yet again for the third consecutive year draft a Raw Center Project with their first pick in the draft? How about getting someone that can impact your team in your weak division while Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are still in town? Is that too much to ask? So what your saying is you are pretty much satisfied with Nick Collison getting 30+ minutes a game downlow? Thats a great decision. I would have them as the 29th team had they not drafted Denham Brown in the 2nd round which I feel is a good decision.

26. Denver Nuggets - They traded away their only pick to the Celtics.

25. San Antonio Spurs - Similarly, the traded their only pick to the Bucks.

24. Detroit Pistons - They didn't have a first rounder and drafted Cheik Samb, since I have no idea who he is nor have I seen Will Blalock I lot I don't think they found an impact player for the near future.

23. Phoenix Suns - I actually don't mind them trading away their picks, they got rid of Brian Grant to free up some cap room in hopes of keeping Diaw and Barbosa.

22. Miami Heat - Not much to say about the Heat they didn't have a single pick. They did include their first round pick in the Shaq trade, that worked out well.

21. LA Clippers - Paul Davis might be the most overrated player in NCAA history. He's a big body and everyone talks about all of his talent and has for several years and yet he has done nothing. He was far from the reason why MSU made it to the Final Four two years ago. Again its not like you expect much from a 2nd round pick I just think he's overrated, he went to MSU so I despise him, and he really doesn't fit the Clippers up and down brand of basketball. Plus, he won't get much PT while sitting behind Brand and the Hulkster.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.