Skip to main content

NBA Finals Review

Stan

Man it must suck to be Stan Van Gundy. I found it hilarious last week when the Braves where playing the Marlins in Miami on TBS and who was there during one of the NBA finals game, non other than Stan Van Gundy. I guess he really just didn't want to watch the finals, he really wanted to spend time with his family. Or maybe the Heat didn't even give him tickets to the game. Sorry to be blunt Stan but you would not have won a championship with this team, not with all of these egos. It might have been a shady move, but Riley did the right thing for the organization.

Refs

I'm certainly not saying conspiracy cause I thought there were questionable calls all around, but I do not like the NBA's officiating. Way too many ticky tack hand check fouls which slow down the game, maybe it leads to more scoring but the time stoppage is a killer. In addition I hate how officials never call traveling unless its down the stretch. I agreed with the travel on Haslem after the rebound (not so much the double dribble call on Posey), but if you watch the tape I'm sure you can locate atleast 20 travels. Almost every time Wade catches the ball he shuffles his feet around, and GP last night blatantly switched pivot foots at the top of the key after he went to make a pass and thought better of it. Call it the whole game not just down the stretch, be consistent.

Ole Folks

Congrats to Zo and GP, I really thought they would be an inspiration that would push the Heat to the series victory and I truly think that they played a major factor. Zo came off the bench and had 5 blocks last night, and GP hit some big shots throughout the series. However, their greatest contributions were pep talks, keeping teammates heads in the game, and simply put teammates wanted to win the series for them.

No One Will Remember

No one will remember the fact that with the game on the line last night and a chance to completely ice it, Wade missed two free throws, maintaining the games one possession status.

Dirk Diggler

Dirk was spectacular during the majority of the playoffs with the exception of the intense stretch runs of the finals. I can not fault the man for missing one free throw in the closing seconds of game 3, but last night's disappearing act was unacceptable if you want to be called a Superstar. Dirk could not handle the double team and maybe that is the answer for him in the future. Dirk being a perimeter big player is not in the greatest position to pass out of the double team for a favorable 3 point shot like post presences Shaq and Duncan can. In addition Dirk has lived off driving around a big man outside, however when they double team him outside, unlike D Wade, he is not quick enough to drive around two guys. I'm sorry but in Game 6 with your teams life on the line, you have to score more than 2 points.

Open Shots

The Mavericks put bluntly could not hit open shots in this series. The percentages were certainly not stellar but the main issue with the missed shots is that for the most part the threes that the Mavs took were uncontested. With the exception of the two threes Stackhouse hit last night down the stretch, the Mavs could not hit open jump shots and this killed them.

Cuban

No Cuban blog entry yet? Are you now in hiding? Poor Mark, you spend so much money and had so much hope and it all just shattered in your face. Ouch, I wonder if it hurts more for him now than it did in the past when they lost, my guess would be yes.

Prediction

I would like to congratulate myself for my prediction of the Heat in 6. I win. In addition due to myself being in Mexico I did not even see a Heat loss. Maybe I was the good luck charm they needed, or Dwyane Wade is disgusting, I'm going with good luck charm though.

Conclusion

Like I said in my prediction 2 is better than 1. The Heat had 2 unguardable players the Mavs only had 1. In addition the Heat had Veterans that have lost important playoff games in the past and just had more experience in close important games and this helped them to victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.