Skip to main content

Go Barry

Quick Notes On last Nights Games

1) Yanks, um how did they score 14 runs with that trash lineup they put together last night. I played cards last night with the cousin so I didnt watch the game just kept on walking into the room and seeing the game was getting closer by the second. Guess I missed a good one. Too bad the walk off homer was against one of my closers. Oh well go Yanks.

2) When I got back from playing cards it was around 12:45 and the Suns third quarter was just ending. Ya that's right the 3rd quarter. Apparently it was a really really good game.

3) All 3 NJ Net fans are upset today. Poor guys.

4) How pissed off would you be if you became the fastest human being ever and then a day later someone told you "Whoops I wasnt supposed to round that way." Now he's only one of the fastest humans ever.

5) Is there anything cooler than plays at the plate in baseball? I really don't think so. Whether it be Jorge getting barrelled over or Patty Burrell barehanding a ball in the outfield and gunning out JJ Hardy (who sprained his ankle on the slide) at the plate. I love it.

7) I am making it official, I am rooting for Barry Bonds. The sooner he passes Ruth the better, I'm sick of Sportscenter tailoring every episode to Bonds.

8) Well that or a season ending injury would also be fabulous.


Evening picks

Spurs bounce back
So do Pistons

Comments

Lew said…
After Bonds passes Ruth, I wonder how much of SportsCenter will be about if Pujols can break Bonds single season record.

You ever go to www.baseball-reference.com It's a great baseball reference sight. When I interned at Cooperstown we used it all the time.

Last comment, I like your site. Keep up the goodwork.
Simon said…
Ya I go there all the time. I went there two days ago actually to see what possible record I could forsee Pujols breaking because someone on the radio dropped Hack Wilson's 191 RBIs out there. No way on that record. I think he'll end up in the top 5 in Extra Base Hits in a season, somewhere are around 106. And he'll be up there on the list of Total Bases in a season. Both of these assume they don't give him the Bonds treatment.
Anonymous said…
lew,

How did you intern at Cooperstown? That must have been SICK.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.