Skip to main content

Todays NBA Thoughts

Here's something thats annoying about this particular blogging site, I wrote a big long thing went to publish it and then it went cant publish it and I lost it all, I'm not annoyed or bitter or anything. Anyway lets give a summary of what I was going for.

1) For some reason I really just havent gotten into this nba playoffs, whether it be the overly late games, the fact the Celtics are done, 24 is on and if I miss that Jack Bauer may kill me etc... And this is the best round the NBA has to offer this season.

2) I know I chirp on this a lot but would it have been that difficult for the NBA to push the Suns game up an hour last night. I'd imagine there east coast ratings with no prior game to hold viewers were terrible. I decided to go to bed after the 3rd assuming the Clips would win and I woke up and I was right, so i guess i didnt miss much.

3) Can the NBA please incorporate no contact into their name. That punch was so weak for Terry and did not deserve a suspension. Stop going by the book. If you can give more than one game for an action such as a punch you can give less. Period.

4) If the Cavs win is it more of an upset than George Mason beating Uconn? I think so. Not the upset of George Mason eventually getting to the final four but just the game versus the series. I thought the Cavs would get one game but I gave them no chance to get more than that. I'm shocked they at minumum forced a game 7 nevermind if they win the series.

5) If the Suns make the conference finals, are they the most flawed team to get that far in recent memory? They have no post offense, no post defense, poor rebounding and poor team defense. They can not come close to even containing Elton Brand nevermind stopping him. I do not understand why he does not get the ball in the post every possession, Tim Thomas is helpless down there.

6) Remember all the talk earlier this season about how the Pistons could go down as one of the best teams ever and that they might win over 70 games. Yeah that didnt happen and even if they win the title, they are not one of the all time greats. Sorry.

7) Tonight do you think Pat Riley will be wearing a Cleveland Sweater and one of those giant foam #1 Cavs Fingers? And for that matter you think he's hoping the Mavs win?

8) Mad Dog brought up a good point yesterday, put a gun to Davidson and Dumars head and who do they choose Larry Brown or Flip Saunders. Their going with Brown.

9) Lebron James is Bigger Stronger Faster. He is unreal. It has to be cool to be him on a basketball court.

10) How sick was Duncan's first half the other night? 11 for 11 28 points. I'm going to have to emulate that on sunday during our pick up game.

11) Tonights Predictions. I fully expect the Pistons and Spurs to win. I think the Terry loss is more significant then people think and Harris will now become less effective. And I just need to see the Cavs do it before I believe. Sorry. Im rooting for the Cavs and Mavs just don't think its going to happen tonight.

Comments

DH said…
this blog is tremendous, does it focus mostly on basketball? i see some baseball stuff as well, and i dig it. i'm definately going to keep this on my radar.

the rebus stuff is off the hook!
Simon said…
I'm basically a Sports Buff so I'm going to write about whatever comes to mind. Because its NBA playoff time I've been writing a bunch on that cause its in the forefront.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.