Skip to main content

James Blake Does Not Improve Hooters Trivia

So every Tuesday Night I head out to the local Hooters for their trivia night. They typically ask the easiest questions in the world and by the end of the night I have consumed some wings, curly fries, and a pitcher of Samuel Adams, typically Sammy Seasonal. About 50% of the time our team ends up winning so we get about half our bill paid for so it works out in the end. Basically its something to do on a Tuesday when otherwise I would sit on my ass at home and search for a television show to watch that most likely would be completely uninteresting. But last night was different.

I come in the door try to locate where my buddies are sitting, I typically show up late cause I'm lazy, I finally see them to my left and I sit down. I notice that the waitress doesn't seem to be around nearly as much as she typically is, but don't think much about it right away cause I'm not really in a rush. There's one of those wooden dividers of right in front of me and as I look straight I ahead I see James Blake take a double take for a second and think yup that definitely is the 4th ranked player in the world that's pretty cool. Than his big brother Thomas walks in with his dreadlocks and now I'm 100% positive.

I am big Tennis fan love watching it love playing it so it wasn't difficult for me to recognize him, plus he's a local guy went to the same high school as my cousin but tennis isn't for everybody and some of my buddies had no idea who he was. Not a big deal. Than I jokingly say something like we should name our team Roger Federer, and they decide the want to run with it so they can "trashtalk" someone famous. They come up with the names Federer Owns Blake, not very original, and Federer is Betterer not bad but still kind of lame. Eventually myself and my buddy Joe convince them that this would not achieve "trashtalk" and if I was him I would only laugh at that knowing that A) No one beats Federer, tennis Jesus B) That was my girlfriend C) I made $1,894,295 this year a figure that some of them won't make in 20 years. My buddies want to try to make fun of this guy when he's won a career 4 mill, and they see an untouched bowl of fries on an empty table and want to grab it, idiots.

Anyway, it seems like he has the whole J-Block with him for the evening, probably spending the massive amounts of cash he just won in Shanghai this past weekend when he of course lost to Federer in the finals of the season ending Masters tourny, I watched a bit of that match and it wasn't pretty. Now I'm not starstruck or anything, it's cool he seems like a nice guy and all the success to him but the damn waitresses of course once my buddy said to them "You figure a Tennis star wouldn't try to cheat at trivia (his buddies were calling people for answers to questions they didn't know)" they proceeded to ask who and then oh wow he's my favorite. That was the end of it, now you could forget about getting any help from the waitress, our pitcher sat empty for way too long, my pallet went dry and of course the trivia people were too busy trying to get his autograph to actually ask the damn questions.

Well after about an hour and a half Blake and his boys bounced, he rented out a bus for everyone, they probably were hitting up a bar somewhere in CT. If I was him I know I would enjoy a night on the town after my most successful season ever. Good for him.

In the end they asked the final question which is arranging three items according to order, answer it right and you can get a large portion of points, wrong you lose that much, and don't answer and you stay at your point total. Typically we don't answer because the question is so bizarre that no one gets it right. This time the question was easy, arrange these three periods September, November, First 2 weeks of December from Most to Least of when people begin shopping for Christmas. Myself and Joe logically figured that half the population or more goes out on Black Friday so November is easily #1, 50% or more of males don't start til December, and only psycho females start in September. Simple November, December, September. But the dumb asses were steadfast on not answering the question, so when everyone else got it right instead of getting 35 bucks off our tab for answering it correctly, the karma came back and smacked them in the face for wanting to make fun of a dude that has everything going for him. Superb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.