Skip to main content

Diary of a Tortured Fantasy Owner

I am in a head-to-head points league with some of my buddies from school and each week you set your lineup meaning each week I have to look at my team and decide which pitchers to pitch. Now usually its a relatively easy decision, I go with the 4 closers I have and the pitchers that are scheduled to make 2 starts during the week. However, since it was a shortened week and the closers had less of a chance to get saves while every starter was scheduled to pitch there was more upside in going with the starters. So as the roster moves needed to be created I looked at the sunday starters and had to choose between Brad Penny and Dave Bush. While this might seem like an easy selection considering Penny started the all-star game and Dave Bush is mid-rotation starter for the Brewers to me it wasn't the easiest of decisions. While I like Penny, obviously I drafted him, I think he is a bit overrated and he was facing the Cardinals while Bush who has been underrated and would have more wins if Turnbow hadn't been such a douche bag would have a better record and he was facing the Diamondbacks. I flip-flopped about 4 times before I settled on Penny, I mean he was the starter of the all-star game he shouldn't get rocked right? Wrong, I lost by 10 points, 10 points that Bush got because he got the victory while Penny got lit up. Damn it.

The worst part about it was that my most reliable pitcher, and man-crush, Scott Kazmir was scheduled to throw on Sunday and easily would have gotten me ten points but he got pushed back because of a stiff friggin neck. What kind of miserable luck is that? Scott by a temperpedic mattress.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.