Skip to main content

PGA Championship Predictions

4 People to Watch to Contend

Obvious - Tigger Woo - Returning back to a place he won in 1999. If you look at some of Tiger's major success you will notice that he typically does well at courses he previous won a major at, see Augusta National and St. Andrews, if Tiger doesn't get off to a slow start and can control his driver he will win.

A Diffenet Aussie - Adam Scott - It's time Adam, you haven't busted through yet, unlike Ogilvy, and it's time for you to take it to the next level and see your name up there on the leaderboard with a few holes left.

Go Irieman - Padraig Harrington - Ya he didn't contend in the British like I said he would but I think he will in the PGA. If not simply for karmas sake, he is donating all of his winnings in honor of Darren Clarke's recently diceased wife Heather, due to breast cancer.

Ryder Cup Push - Stewart Cink - Look at the Ryder Cup standings and you'll see some odd names that are currently on the roster, watch out for Cink who currently stands on the outside looking in. He will be highly motivated this week to both have a great tournament but in addition get himself onto that Ryder Cup roster without the necessity of a Captains pick.

3 People to Hit the Fan

Adios Capitán - Tom Lehmen - Tom played extremely well last week in the International losing out in a playoff but he's not gonna make the cut this week so says I.

Petrified - Phil Mickelson - I don't think Phil will miss the cut, but it will be highly interesting to see how he deals with playing with Tiger and with every fan on the course surrounding them. Typically everyone wilts with Tiger by their side on sunday, we'll see if the same happens for Phil on Thursday and Friday.

Note: Phil and Tiger will not, I repeat will not, be televised by TNT on thursday according to talk on Mike and the Maddog. How stupid is this, not like its going to effect me considering I will be behind a desk but still, wow is that stupid.

Piece Out Africa - Retief Goosen - I said this last time for the British and I think I'm going to repeat it until it comes to fruition "Struggling Retief is going to miss the cut I repeat miss the cut. Possibly."

2 People to Root For

Get The Card - David Duval - His British Open Championship leash is finally done this year. He is playing for his card. He currently sits about 30 spots out of qualyfing for the tour next season. I really hope he does well makes the cut and finishes in the top 30 to get move him up the money list. How can you not root for those sunglasses? Man those are sweet.

Locale Boy - JJ Henry - It's still a common weekly theme. JJ sits at #8 in the Ryder Cup standings. Top 10 get in. This is the last week of Ryder Cup qualifying and a top 10 performance would get him in no problem. Here's hoping JJ qualifies.

1 Winner

Sergio - Ok, I know he sucked in the final round in the Open, and I know he hasn't been able to put, and I know that I am jinxing him ridiculously considering I think my last two major picks didn't make the cut, I know Vijay didn't, but I'm going with Sergio relieving his almost glory in 1999. He's due, he's easily the best player on the tour without a major and I just think this is his time. Unless he gets paired with Tiger on sunday and then we'll see another steamrolling. Basically I think Sergio's matching shoes technique will be too intimidating for any soul other than Tiger.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.