Skip to main content

Pitch to the Star or the Cancer Survivor

Ok in case you haven't heard this story, in a 9 and ten year old league in Utah at the end of a championship game the coach decided to intentionally walk the best hitter in order to face the worse hitter who just happened to be a cancer survivor. Here's the whole story.

I love winning, I really do, I love love winning, I like winning winning games of Connect 4, I like being right when someone asks me a baseball stat, I like getting Jeopardy questions right when the people on the show don't. Believe me, I'm as competetive as anyone I know and I have been so my whole life, but there's an extent where you can go where you show that you have no heart whatsoever. And this is blatantly one of this instances. Who intentionally walks a 9 year old?

As a Little Leaguer I experienced some of the biggest beatdowns of all time. I never made the playoffs throughout all of my years 8-12. And out of those 5 years I had only one good season, a season where we went 15-3 but didn't make the playoffs because only 2 teams did (man was I bitter that year especially when they expanded the format to 4 teams the next year). The rest of the years were miserable including a 1-17 team when I was 12 which might have been the worst team in my Little Leagues history. But I'm not scarred by not winning in my regular little league games. Hell I even laugh at the fact that I walked up to Olo who was at 2nd one game and told him that Ribas was going to hit a grand slam, and next pitch the ball was flying over the left field wall. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that its friggin Little League, and not even Little League all stars, what are you teaching these kids that you should win at all costs. Come on. Go out and get the good hitter out and then come back with the trophy when it means something. In 10 years you think that nine year old is going to look back on striking out a cancer survivor and winning a championship as a proud moment. This was a no brainer, now if it was say High School Ball or more serious, than I would blame the situation on the Cancer patients coach for having him in the game, but its 9 and 10 year olds, have a heart asshole.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.