Skip to main content

PGA Championship Recap

No Doubt

I forgot who I got into an argument with but he was basically saying that Tiger comes back to win on sunday and I was saying no typically he usually plays himself into position on thursday and friday takes over on saturday and then dominates on sunday. Well I didn't no it was to that extent. Tiger has been shared or in sole possession of a major lead 12 times. Each time he has won. So thats 12 wins or all of his 12 major victories. So it was a no brainer that he was going to win this tourny on sunday before he tee'd off and as soon as you saw that Luke Donald wasn't going to be playing to contend you could see that it was time for the engraver to start scratching Tiger's name into the trophy.

Expectations for 2007

Would you be shocked right now if Tiger won another Tiger slam? He typically plays well at Augusta even when his game isn't in his top-tier level. I would be completely and utterly shocked if he doesn't win a major next season. In fact I think I would be surprised if he doesn't win two. If Vegas had to put a line I think the over under for Tiger Majors in 2007 would be 2. Right now Tiger is again better than everyone on the tour by lengths and bounds. He plays well, he wins, period.

Collapse

As bad as Sergio played in the final round of the British he still actually shot a 1-under, Donald on the other hand finished sunday +2 or 6 strokes worse than Tiger. It certainly wasn't just Donald, Weir made a push on the front 9 than disappeared, same with Geoff, Sergio bogeyed a par 5 which is completely unacceptable for a player with his length, no one who was within striking distance played well. It's amazing how the only player that has seemingly looked Tiger in the eyes and fought him during a major was Chris Dimarco at the Masters, and I think thats why I and so many other people like Dimarco, because he unlike all the other pansies doesn't get intimidated. He's just not as good as Tiger.

Predictions

My predictions weren't bad this week. I went with the safe Tiger pick to contend wow thats a tough one. Sergio finished tied for thirsd so thats not bad for the winner you pick. And Lehman didn't make the cut, Phil didn't really contend, and Scott was up their on the leaderboard all sunday. But even better on my Best Ball Challenge Team, consisting of Tiger, Sergio, JJ and Hideto Tanihara finished 100%, meaning I had the best score in the country. I was 99.9% until Sergio Eagled the last par 5 to move me into 100%. So, thats basically the best score in about 20,000 people.

My Golf Game

In the spirit of the PGA Championship I went out and played on sunday morning for the first time in around two months. I shot a 43 on a par 36 for 9 holes. Which isn't that bad for me, but considering I hit the ball lights out it was terribly annoying. I had 20 strokes through 9 holes and 23 putts. So almost 3 putts per hole. That is miserable. I hit the first 6 greens in regulation was on the fringe on the 7th, and only needed a short chip to get onto the green on both 8 and 9. I even had one Jimmy Bones special, the 4-putt. The Poker phrase on Tilt applies much more significantly to my golf game than my poker game. Wow was I frustrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.