Skip to main content

NFL Weekend Review

Week 1 Awards

Wow You Guys Suck: The Tampa Bay Bend-Over Buccaneers just decided that because I said they were going to have a very very good season that they would take it up the rump week 1. And show no threat on offense or defense. Maybe the Ravens are going to be a good team this year but at home week 1 that was the worst possible way to start a season. Runners Up: Patriots 2 point slopfest win, Seahawks 9 point offense.

Cough Cough Cough: The weeks number one choker is a toss up, but the award goes to Jake Plummer who seems to have decided that he wants to become the turnover machine that we have all grown to love and adore in the past. Runners Up: Drew "I love to Pass to them Jaguars" Bledsoe, Mike Nugent 2 missed short FGs and an extra point to turn it from a blowout to a game.

The Shocker: I am not 100% surprised that Baltimore beat Tampa but the way they did was completely shocking. Tampa ate a heaping helping of shit sandwich. Runners Up: St. Louis over Denver, Atlanta over Carolina.

The Pimp: This weeks pimp is Donovan "I don't need no TO" McNabb. Sure it was against the Texans and we all know they blow, but 3 tds and a solid amount of yards has the feather back in McNabbs top hat. Runners Up: Kurt "I Love Week 1" Warner, Jeff "6 FGs" Wilkins.

You Got JAKKED UP: If you find a Kansas City helmet rolling around the streets with a head still inside it belongs to Trent Green, he doesnt remember how he lost his head, but he thinks he wants it back.

My Fantasy MVP: My week 1 fantasy MVP is easy, it was Frank Gore, man put up over 80 receiving and rushing yards and two tds for over 20 points helping me to a blow out week 1 victory.

New York Jets MVP: I'm a Jet fan therefore a Jet will get mentioned every week regardless of how they badly they get mauled, so this week Chadwick and his 319 yards and 2 tds is the easy winner.

My Picks

My Picks: 8-8
Preseason Picks: 9-7
Picks Vs. Spread: 6-10

So far this week is proving why I do not gamble on sports. I even changed my preseason picks and did worse because I switched to the Dolphins instead of the Steelers.

Week 1 Extra Quick Notes

~The Manning Bowl was a weird watch and I came away thinking the Gmen let one get through their grasp. Obviously the Colts have a solid team but their running game was putrid and if the Giants were able to hold onto one of the three Interceptions they had their hands on in the first half or if they didn't get so many stupid penalties which negated big plays I think they would have won the game. One way or another a tough game to swallow for any Giants fan. One thing to take away from the game as a Giants fan is that both Barber and Jacobs were beasts.

~The Jets should have destroyed the Titans the fact that they made me sweat is horrible and its all due to Mike Nugent's inability to kick. Terry Bradway the former Jets GM, made that stellar 2nd round pick.

~How many weeks will Drew Bledsoe torpedo the Cowboys season with untimely INTs, the parallel between Drew and Vinny T is incredible.

~First off why the hell did my local NYC and CT fox pick the Eagles Texans game for me to watch man that game sucked, and there was no thought of it being either a good or a big game. Secondly, David Carr still gets hit on every play, and they have no running game. By the end of the season Bush will have close to 1500 total yards and Williams will have a handful of sacks.

~That leads me to this Charlie Casserly, the guy who drafted Williams then resigned almost immediately, is the CBS PreGame Show "GM", where they ask him to respond to questions as a GM would think. Why do these networks hire horrible GMs like him and Steve Philips and expect us to respect their opinions.

~Green Bay blows & The Raiders Suck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.