Skip to main content

Random Thoughts

~Robinson Cano cost me exactly 33 dollars last night and he is on my fantasy team. I kept Cabrera on my roster hoping he'd get me some much neeed strikeouts and low and behold he's in the 9th with a no-hitter with one out and facing another player on my fantasy team in Robby. Now a no hitter gets me 3 bucks from each player in the league, and would thus pay for the non-stop activate dl activate dl kerry wood spree i went on earlier this year. But no Robby's got to line one into right.

~Peetey is done for the year and the Mets are screwed. I'm sorry but you aren't winning the world series with a rotation of ancient pitchers and John Maine who couldnt even crack to Oreos rotation last year. You might be able to get there, I'm doubting that now even, but you're gonna get pounded if you do.

~I think the TO day was the single most depressing day I've ever listened to the radio at work. 8 hours of people calling up telling the radio host why they thought about committing suicide, or doctors analyzing why he might want to commit suicide, basically suicide this suicide that. Man was I down on life when I left work on wednesday.

~If the Cardinals finalize their collapse this weekend I think it would be the single most hilarious sporting story of this year. I mean basically all they had to do was beat the Astros once in Houston and this is done and dead.

~The Phillies are king chokers, they lost again last night to the Nationals who have nothing to play for and whose manager reportedly will not be asked back next year. Philadelphia is basically Loserville, USA. So congrats to the Dodgers for being in a race with the Phils, you can't lose.

~Mike Tyson said he was useless to the world and that him going on his world tour is because he has no money. No shit. I can't believe people still will pay money to watch him.

~It's amazing that Chad, king trash-talker, is a model citizen for the Bengals and everyone else is getting arrested, shows you that some of these guys aren't really assholes off the field their just a show. Although, I do think Chad is hilarious and probably a cool guy to chill with.

~Why did Hockey start already? Wasn't it still summer last week? That season is too long for no reason.

~Bonzi Wells signed with the Rockets, not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing didn't see the contract length/value. He'll help them score but they still really need a point guard.

~Tiger is unstoppable he's already opened a 5 stroke lead after two days, he can't lose anymore.

~If the Jets win sunday I'm going streaking. They certainly aren't getting any love from Vegas, 9 1/2 point dogs at home, damn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.