Skip to main content

AAA Sucks and I Want to Kill Auto Mechanics

So I'm driving into work and my cars making a nice little squeeky noise. Then about a mile and a half away from my office poof on comes the break light and the battery light and off goes the power steering. Ouch, so I get off the next exit and take the backroads to my office. Bare in mind in Connecticut yesterday we had a pure ice storm and no one showed up to the office, about 10% at best. So I begin my self diagnosis of what the problem would be, aka I google up all the symptoms. I come to the conclusion that my Serpentine Belt is done.

So I call Triple A and tell them I need my car towed from Danbury to the local shop I typically bring my car to in Ansonia. After some fun talk with the AAA lady she infroms me that the roads are too "icy" in Danbury, and that they are focused on accidents. So basically she told me to f* off, and she told me places in Danbury I could bring my car. Ok fine, not the best option but I'll do it.

So I drop off my car at the shop give them my diagnosis and then head back to work. Eventually he calls me up says that it is in fact the Serpentine belt and he says something else also needs to replaced, and that Isuzu said that this causes the Serpentine belt to shred all the time and that it's going to cost around 370. I begrudgingly say ok, not knowing how much shit costs or what the second part he mentioned was.

A few hours later I get a buzz back and he says that in fact that other part didn't need to be replaced and that the charge is 295 and that I can pick it up whenever. Now it's starting to get in my head, a piece of miserable rubber is going to cost me $300 friggin dollars, 300 are you kidding me. Now I'm on a mission to see how badly I got screwed over.

I joined about 5 different auto mechanic forums and asked the question of how much a typical serpentine belt costs. Then I call my usual shop and they tell me the typical price is 90 dollars. 90 friggin dollars. Oh I am boiling, if you're an automechanic or work for AAA stay away from me. Far away.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor baby! Sorry sweetie, somethings are more important than you! Like, severe weather situations and car accidents! If you had properly maintained your car as most mature adults do, you wouldn't have had the problem! Belts become dried out and start to crack. You should have seen the problem coming. Grow up!
Anonymous said…
HI, GRUTT, ARE YOU WORKING FOR AAA MOTOR CLUB? / REPLY.
Jessica said…
But seriously? Why would you think they can come out during an ice storm? Are you a complete narcissist?
Jessica said…
But seriously, why would you expect them to be able to get out during an ICE storm? Are you a complete narcissist? You pay $50 something a year. They aren't going to risk their lives for your dumb ass and your dumb car.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.