Skip to main content

Random Quick Notes

There's a lot of stuff out there that I don't feel like attacking full throttle but rather just some quick notes.

~Cedric Maxwell telling the lone female ref in the NBA to go back to the kitchen and make some bacon and eggs. Quite classic, would love to find the audio.

~Barry's increase in size is quite humorous. From size 42 to a size 52 jersey; from size 10 1/2 to size 13 cleats; and from a size 7 1/8 to size 7 1/4 cap, even though he had taken to shaving his head. From 1 1/2 circumference testicles to 1/2. Ok made that last one up. But come on a 2 1/2 increase in shoe size in your mid 30s, I had no idea HGH was that friggin powerful. I don't particularly find this as news worthy though, we all know he took steroids and HGH, these are just interesting tidbits to clarify what they can do.

~Steelers trainer dropping 150K on HGH at a pharmacy in Florida. For his older patients. How laughable is that? I have no idea how expensive HGH is but I'd imagine 150K gets you a decent supply. And what would old people need HGH for? It's going to be very interesting where this leads. I don't think much will come out of this though. I don't he leaks who on the Steelers he was getting HGH for, he probably will just get fired from his job, stay quiet and thats it. It would be fantastic if some players were identified but I highly doubt it.

~Apparently a bottle of HGH costs like $100, so thats 1500 bottles of HGH, for old patients, so laughable. When people lie can't they atleast come up with something a little bit more credible? Perhaps he just thought it was the same B12 medicine that Palmeiro took.

~Shaun Livingston tore up his knee big time. Dislocated and all three ligaments. Disgusting. But one has to wonder whether his knee would have blown out if he had any muscle or fat on his body and didn't look like a 6 foot 9 male version of Nicole Richie.

~Pat Summit is an absolutely horrible singer. But the Vols responded and knocked off the Gators who have dropped 3 in a row and look like they don't care at these games. Anyway Peyton was in the crowd with his butt buddy Brandon Stokley.

~Perhaps I jumped on Michigan and Tommy Amaker a bit too early after they've knocked off Michigan St. and Indiana in recent weeks. The Wolverines need either a huge win over the Buckeyes this weekend, or two wins in the Big 10 tourny to get in. I think that should do it, which means they'll choke.

~I'm searching for Petway's Alley Oop dunk against Michigan St. last night, the pass was thrown from well before midcourt. Pretty sick / dumb.

~Hockey seems to have a sweet trading deadline unlike the lame Basketball one, as people I've heard of got traded. Too bad it's not on TV anymore.

~I am annoyed that the Rockets played without Yao and T-Mac on monday night and allowed the Celtics to beat them at home. That helps no one. Also, where / when is the Paul Pierce mystery injury going to come.

~The Red Sox and Yankees Spring training stories are already played out. I don't care about Manny, there's no story there. And why on NYC radio's are we still talking about Bernie. It's done, he's not gonna be on the roster. Why a 2 week injury to Abreu has anything to do with this is beyond me.

~I used to find Spring Training useless and never watched, now I use it for fantasy baseball and prospecting young sleeper picks.

~I dump on Lebron and he scores 35, but he still shot 57% from the stripe.

~Pacman Jones is a scumbag. This is known, and doesn't need to be elaborated.

~Calvin Johnson is a beast, also known.

~I have no friggin idea who the Jets are going to draft.

~Joe DiMaggio had an older brother named Vince who played in the National League for 10 years for 5 teams and made 2 all star games. Just learned this today, kind of piss poor on my part.

~Thankfully February ends today and March Madness and the conference tournies are right around the corner.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Aaron Ross, Texas and Quinn Pitcock, Ohio.
Anonymous said…
Simone, speaking of Pacman, what do you think of the 3 and out rule? I predict this will remove 15-20 percent of all NFL players within the next 5 years.

Imagine if the NBA instituted this? The league would be down to four teams in less then a season.

Personally I think the rule is great.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.