Skip to main content

Blogpoll Week 13

Before you yell and say where is so and so team, please read my polling philosophy and then yell afterwards.

~I'm very comfortable with my top 7 and then... GUH!

~Flip flopped TCU and Boise... why? Virginia Tech is why. The Hokies sleepwalked through James Madison in week 2, since then they have looked like an elite American football program. The win over Virginia Tech on a neutral field eclipses any victory TCU currently has and that is a direct reflection of Utah's devastating beat down at the hands of Notre Dame (which theoretically I should probably equate that loss to a "guh we don't want to play this week cause we lost the biggest game of our season last saturday" type loss in the same way I equated VTs loss, but well no Utah doesn't win any big games and are not going to be a BCS team)

~Speaking of Utah, they are in the poll because tell me where else to go please! The bottom of the top 25 is not very good. I would love for a suggestion of a team that could drop them out but please refrain from MAC, Sun Belt or Conference USA teams.

~Wisconsin only scored 48 this week, very much a down week for them.

~Andrew Luck should be a Panther next year but will the Panthers pull the trigger after they drafted Clausen?

~Nebraska scores 6 points after their qb comes up lame. They drop to the lump of mediocre Big 12 schools. Okie St. is in the top ten, but I wouldn't be too confident in them beating the Sooners this week. The Big 12 is very much looking like a 1 bid conference.

~The Big East sucks. I contemplated ranking West Virginia but the majority of their wins are against the Big East and that's like beating the NFC West.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.