Skip to main content

Back in da States Foo

After a week long vacation in Quito that involved 2 all nighters massive amounts of drinking a crazy wedding, 4 hours stranded in a lame airport, and a 2 day battle with the Shits I am back in the states and I just want to review some of the stuff that I missed over the course of the week.

~Football Night in America was clutch on sunday night as I was able to get NBC in my hotel room and thus watch highlights of all the games and also the horribly painfully boring Bears Pack game.

~Unluckily for me I was able to watch the Rose Bowl in straight Spanish and was very frustrated by how poorly their secondary played.

~Apparently I missed a great one in the Fiesta Bowl.

~Talk about Ballsy, going for 2 at the end of the game and getting it, go Beavers/Broncos.

~No one should hype up the Big East's success in these bowl games, they should have won every bowl game, congrats for playing lesser teams in every bowl game.

~Saban wasted 2 years of his life.

~Please someone interview Don Shula, I really want to hear him rip the Crimson Tide.

~How do you choke at home against the 49ers when all you need is win and your in, you should be ashamed of yourself.

~Speaking of scape goats I feel bad for my redheaded brethrin Shayne Graham who missed his first kick in the 30-39 yard range in the most important time of his career. Ouch.

~The Darrent Williams thing was terrible, and senseless. And Kenyon Martin came off as a heartless scum bag.

~Hoorah for Mangini in getting this team to the playoffs, what a remarkable accomplishment for a team with so many questionmarks entering the season and a Hall of Fame running back being out for the complete season. I vote Dual Coach of the Year Mangini and Peyton, you really can't go wrong with either choice. Either way win or lose the coach of the year or games in the playoffs, my Man Crush is on in full force.

~Speaking of Jets, damn I am happy Harrison is out.

~The whole Jim Mora Jr. situation was hilarious.

~How did Donny Henderson get fired and Matt Millen not? Has anybody in the history of the world done a worse job and not been fired. It's absolutely amazing. And then they go out and win their final game to ensure they don't get the #1 pick. Solid.

~Barry Zito got way to much money to jump across the bay. Apparently the Giants just felt the need to throw cash at someone.

~When did this Randy Johnson gonna get traded thing crop up?

~Pat Riley Stepped down, huh?

Off Topic

~I found out in a span of 5 minutes that both Gerald Ford Died and Sadam was getting executed in a few hours. Talk about culture shock and feeling you missed a bunch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
But will Barlow play?

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.