Skip to main content

I Hate All Star Voting


It's a little pet peave of mine and typically I don't watch the All-Star game anyway, but nothing annoys me more than how the starting lineups of the All-Star games get chosen. It's a chicken or the egg debate for me, do I not care because of the voting process, or does my not caring for the game make me hate the voting process more, who the hell knows. All I know is that personally the voting annoys me. Needless to say I disagree with yesterday's selections. Here's a few things I think need to be done.

Fans Voting

I despise the fan vote in basically every situation, it's simple most fans have no idea what's going on in this years NBA and simply come to vote for one particular player and default pick the remaining roster with names they are familiar with. It happens in every sport and the end result is the 2 best players this season in the NBA, Nash and Nowitzki, somehow not starting in the All Star game? The two frontrunners for MVP, no All Star Game start, that makes sense, thanks NBA Fans, you guys are intelligent. Please just let the players, coaches and media decide who deserves to play in this game and keep the moronic fan out of it.

Eliminate the Center Vote

Tons of teams around the NBA don't play a prototype center anyway. Why jumble up and mandate one of the starting spots to goes to someone over 7 feet tall? In the end we end up with Yao and Shaq receiving every single vote anyway despite neither being healthy for long enough to deserve an all star spot. They don't mandate that any of the backups be Centers so why the starters? Just jumble up all power forwards into the Center position as well, it makes a ton more sense and would allow someone like Tim Duncan to make the start lineup without the expense of having someone like Dirk Nowitzki miss it. If the starting lineup doesn't dictate the need for a point guard than why a center?

All Star Game Wrapup

In the end it doesn't really matter, I won't watch much of it and even if the correct people were voted in I probably wouldn't anyway, I guess I'm just disillusioned with the whole thing. So fans I hope you enjoy Shaq in the All Star Game despite the fact he's played about 12 games this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.