Skip to main content

Transformers Does Not Dissapoint

Throughout my childhood their was one cartoon that stood above the rest and it was Transformers. Before I could read I made my mother read me the same Transformers book over and over again until the binding fell apart. I had a ton of action figures and every morning before 4th and 5th grade I would get up at 6 am to watch Transformers on the Sci Fi network. And as a 24 year old my prime cartoon years came years after Transformers debuted and were in their respective prime.

So when they announced that they were making a Transformers movie I was initially very pumped and then submitted myself to a little skepticism. Lately the comicy type movies have been overly disappointing. X3 probably disappointed me more than any movie I have ever been to, the last two Spidermans were not very good, etc. And I know that when I hype up a movie there is very limited potential for it to live up to my expectations. So I began convincing myself that it probably wasn't going to be good, and that I just hope it doesn't suck.

Well thankfully after going on tuesday night I can say that it was better than I expected and they did a really good job. Hell even Shia LaBeouf, who always seemed like a tool to me, was likeable throughout the movie.

First off the movie had a ton of action, there may have been a few lulls which I didn't notice much cause I pregamed, and the movie was lengthy but the last half an hour was all action and was pretty solid. In one scene Starscream is flying with different fighter jets and is transforming from plane to robot in mid flight and shooting down the fighter jets. It was pretty cool.

Secondly the movie actually mixed in some humor. Certainly don't expect a comedy and there were certainly a few corny moments that didn't quite fly, but there were a good amount of funny moments in the movie. A couple of the corny moments were when they used "More than meets the eye" in the middle of conversation, but hey what did you expect.

Thirdly, the CGI was amazing. It really is coming to the point where we can make anything look real. The explosions, the robots, everything looked real and believable.

Fourthly, (is fourthly a word?), they intelligently mixed in a a few highly attractive young females which never hurts. I certainly won't complain if Megan Fox is in a lot more movies.

And finally it was relatable. Really nothing resonates with my childhood more than the Transformers I loved them. In reality if I grew up not an American Male or had a miserable childhood and thus did not grow up watching the Transformers than I probably would not have liked this movie nearly as much.

So basically, if you ever enjoyed the Transformers as a kid, and why you wouldn't have is beyond me, see this movie, you will not walk out disappointed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.