Skip to main content

And I Shall Crown Myself King of Fantasyland

Well I would if the season was over at the all star break. As I chronicled after the opening 2 months of the season I was in first place in all three of my cash leagues. Well thanks to a few key wins and stats here and there I maintain first place in all three leagues.

Matt - Roto League

Best Hitter: Gary Sheffield, Sheffield was absolutely terrible during the opening month other than a steal here and there. But since he's been arguably the best player in baseball and yet he didn't make the all star team. What a joke.

Best Pitcher: Dan Haren, Danny Haren would have won the Cy Young in the first half, and thus it's a simple decision.

Best Free Agent Pickup: Al Reyes, I picked him up after the opening week and he's helped stay close to the Saves race. Now he just needs to get off the DL.

Best Draft Pick: Shane Victorino, Victorino was the last or second to last hitter I drafted, and I did so hoping for steals and that's it. Well at the break he has 27 steals and 11 homers.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Shane Victorino, Ya Victorino gets the nod here as well, no way did I expect him to have a chance to go 20-40.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Dan Haren, It's Haren again, I expected a lot of innings and decent stats all around, not Cy Young candidate.

Disappointing Hitter: Felipe Lopez, He's the opposite of Victorino, he was the second hitter I drafted and I expected steals. Well he has hit like crap and he only has 11 steals.

Disappointing Pitcher: Yovani Gallardo, He came up and I thought I had a stud, and then Ned Yost turned asshole and decided to put him in the pen for no good reason, stupid ass.

Dell's Herp Army - H2H League

Best Hitter: Gary Sheffield, once again the Sheff man leads my team. For this draft we sat down at my buddies apartment and Sheffield drilled one of his many preseason homers and I was like ok I'm drafting this guy. And it's worked out.

Best Pitcher: Francisco Rodriguez, K-Rod is still knocking down saves and boosting my ratios.

Best Free Agent Pickup: Paul Konerko, This is a shallow league so someone decided they had enough of Konerko sucking. Well he hit .290 in June and .379 during the opening week of July.

Best Draft Pick: Josh Beckett, I scuffled between drafting Matt Cain or Josh Beckett and went with Beckett. Minus the three missed starts, Beckett is up there in the All Star Game starter discussion.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Todd Helton, Helton hasn't been out of this world, but in comparison to everyone else he has been better than expected.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Cole Hamels, it's a shallow league so really no one has been that surprising on my team.

Disappointing Hitter: Robby Cano, he really wasn't very good until June and then scuffled when he seemed like he was breaking out, here's hoping for big things from here out.

Disappointing Pitcher: Mike Mussina, it's still Muss. He had such a good year last year and now he's got a 4.62 era.

Dreamboat's Sperm - H2H League

Best Hitter: Chase Utley, He was my first round draft pick and he's been great. He's far and away the best 2nd baseman in the league and was completely worth the 8th pick.

Best Pitcher: CC Fatassia, My boy CC's got 12 wins now and has thrown a few CG to get me bonus stats in the tough to get H2H categories.

Best Free Agent Pickup: Shane Victorino, Yes a lot of my players overlap...

Best Draft Pick: Matt Holliday, I hope next year people still don't know who this guy is so I can once again pick him up later than he should go.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Prince Fielder, Prince is my best hitter, my best draft pick arguably ever, and the biggest surprise. Keep it rolling big fella.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Kelvim Escobar, Escobar maintains his spot as my biggest surprise pitcher. I certainly didn't think 10 first half wins.

Disappointing Hitter: Ty Wigginton, Yes I know he's not good but when I picked him up he was doing well, since then he's been piss poor. Same with Aubrey Huff.

Disappointing Pitcher: Daniel Cabrera, Someone teach this big clown to throw well. Every year I fall for this guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.