Skip to main content

It's Been a Solid 2 Months

As I said yesterday, as of the two month mark of the baseball season I currently sit a top the lofty post of #1 in all three of my leagues. I honestly think this is the first time this has ever happened, as typically I always have one draft that is only mildly successful. However, over the opening two months I have done remarkably well, or the exact opposite of the New York Yankees. Let's Highlight the Squad's heroes.

Dell's Herp Army - H2H League

Best Hitter: Jose Reyes, the #2 pick in the draft puts me in the steal discussion every week by himself. And the rest of his numbers are good as well.

Best Pitcher: Francisco Rodriguez, K-Rod is locking down save after save, and has been that safe front end closer I was looking for in the draft.

Best Free Agent Pickup: BJ Upton, Snatched up BJ Upton in the opening week and dumped Alex Gordon, I think that move has worked out quite well.

Best Draft Pick: Josh Beckett, I scuffled between drafting Matt Cain or Josh Beckett and went with Beckett, minus the three missed starts, Beckett is up their in the All Star Game starter discussion.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Todd Helton, this is a very shallow league, so I only have a 10 person deep hitting lineup. I say Helton is my biggest surprise cause I wasn't expecting a .333 average.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Cole Hamels, Again the league is shallow, I knew Hamels was going to be good, but he's got 8 wins and 91 Ks that is superb.

Disappointing Hitter: The Big Hurt, he has not put much Hurt into the ball this season. He was one of my last hitting draft picks and I thought it was a steal, instead he's been the one guy on my bench most of the season.

Disappointing Pitcher: Mike Mussina, Ugh he's been bad and he missed a few starts. He's been very close to being dropped many times thus far this season.

Dreamboat's Sperm - H2H League

Best Hitter: Vlad Guerrero, Here's something that's a given, Vlad is hitting above .300. In all honesty Vlad might be the best hitter of this generation, but he probably doesn't get talked about enough cause he doesn't speak any English.

Best Pitcher: CC Fatassia, My boy CC's got 8 wins and he's pitching against the Royals tonight.

Best Free Agent Pickup: Al Reyes, Another D-Ray as a solid opening week pick up. Reyes has locked down games with ease and has given me the extra saves needed to win that category weekly.

Best Draft Pick: Matt Holliday, I love Matt Holliday, everyweek he seemingly hits over .300.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Prince Fielder, in all honesty Prince was my best draft pick, and has been my best hitter, but to spread around the wealth I'll give him the surprise hitter. Did I expect good stats? Yes. MLB lead in homers? Um no.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Kelvim Escobar, Escobar is typically an underrated pitcher, but his numbers are terrific this year.

Disappointing Hitter: Garrett Atkins, I thought I was going to get an absolute stud in Atkins, instead he's hitting .233 and not much else.

Disappointing Pitcher: Daniel Cabrera, Here's why my team has been good in this league, my pitching has been fantastic. Cabrera hasn't been much worse than could be expected, but lands the most disappointing spot, because everyone else has been so good.

Matt - Roto League

Best Hitter: Aramis Ramirez, A-Ram put on the jets in the month of May and moved his average above .300 with solid power.

Best Pitcher: Dan Haren, I picked him up cause Haraang got snatched up, and well he's leading the AL in era and should have picked up another win last night if the damn pen didn't blow it.

Best Free Agent Pickup: James Shields, My IP hero, picked up another W and worked more then 6 innings yet again. In a league where IP is a category, Shields is an absolute beast.

Best Draft Pick: Adrian Gonzalez, I snatched up Gonzo for one of my two 1B slots and he's definitely delivered. The power has cooled off a bit but he has moved his average over .300.

Biggest Surprise Hitter: Shane Victorino, I picked him up hoping for steals and well he's delivered with 16. And has even given some pop, with 4 dingers.

Biggest Surprise Pitcher: Rich Hill, I drafted Rich Hill cause Capuano got snatched up, and he sits with a 2.88. If only the Cubs gave him some run support.

Disappointing Hitter: Lance Berkman, My best player last year, has started the season as by far the biggest disappointment. Only hitting .238 Lance? Come on heat up son.

Disappointing Pitcher: Dave Bush, I'm first in 4 of the 5 pitching categories, mostly due to my starters being pimp. And Bush is the only one who hasn't been great. But he really hasn't been good either. Gallardo might be replacing him soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.