Skip to main content

The Bad News Bears = My Softball Teams

So I embarked on the world of beer league softball this year. For the first time I'm doing multiple leagues and I have multiple games per week, which means every week there is another way I can be amazed at how we can lose a game. This week is just the perfect showing of how to be bad at softball.

Wednesday

So I'm in two leagues as I said, the first of which is a weeknight league with my buddies from the town over. To sum our team up we consist of a few athletes, a couple of decent kids, a few fat guys and some kids that I don't think ever played softball before. In other words we've got the full spectrum. So I start the game in the leadoff spot and line out to the SS, hit the ball on the button but right at him, what can you do. Anyway we go on score a few runs, blah blah. Then we get into the field make a ton of errors they score some runs superb. My next two at bats I hit one 3 Run Homer to Left Center and then I hit another 3 run homer down the left field line. So I'm having a good game obviously. My final at bat I hit the ball the other way for a single wrap up my final rbi and final run scored.

So we're up 16-14 heading into the top of the 7th. And with our teams history, I walk up to our SS (I play Left Center) and go so I bet we give up 3 runs and I get up runner on 3rd 2 outs on a day I have 2 homers and pop up. Well half that prophecy was fulfilled. They scored the 3 runs, the 3rd scoring on a ball which got by the left fielder. Unfortunately we went down 123 in the bottom of the 7th so I was left in the hole. Our past three losses in this league have been a walkoff loss in this loss, a walkoff loss in the 7th and an extra innings walk off loss in which we were up 13-2 in the 3rd. Yep we suck.

Final Score: 17-16
My Line: 3-4, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 3 Rs

Sunday

One would think that if you've suffered a loss which you were up 13-2 that there's no way you could possibly top it. But then you haven't watched my sunday league team. This leagues a co-ed league which always spells interesting, we have again an assortment ranging from decent to miserable to unfathomable levels of PMS and that comes from the dude playing left center, god he's a little bitch.

So first at bat I see they're playing a girl in Left Center, this kind of confuses me seeing as you usually put your fastest person there, so I hit it to her, and she catches it of course. Next at bat I get up and decide why not give it another try, so I end up ripping a liner straight up the middle and past both LC and RC for a 3 run homer. Next at bat I do the same for a 2 run homer. And my final at bat I ripped a shot over the left fielder's head for a solo homer. So we find ourselves up 12-2 in the top of the 7th, bare in mind we have yet to win a game this season, but we're up 12-2, we were playing really well. Ugh.

First ball gets hit to barely to the right of the pitcher and barely past him so I charge (I play SS) bare hand it and while bare handing it I get a friggin bear claw grip and have it in the palm of my hand end up throwing it in the dirt and the 1B can't scoop it. No big deal we're up 10 and they have the bottom of the lineup up. Well a couple bloop hits and a bomb later and we're up 12-8 no outs.

One girl in their lineup hit the ball over our leftfielders head two times. So he backs up and guess what she hits the ball he takes a step forward and its over our head again. He tosses it in to me I cut it and see that she took a huge turn at third and throw the ball to our 3B who for some reason completely turns away from me. I had dead on aim on the back of her head and have to scream her name to get her to be not knocked out. Ugh. Eventually they have bases loaded after our pitcher walked a kid who sucked, which in turn walked the girl behind him, cause in co-ed you can't pitch around a guy to get to a girl. So a pop fly is hit behind the second baseman I sprint towards it, its in my glove I stumble and it pops out. We blew a ten friggin run lead in the last inning. We get up to the plate one person gets on but we get out and I'm left on deck. Friggin Amazing.

Final Score: 14-12
My Line: 3-4, 3 HRs, 6 RBIs, 3 Runs
Week Line: 6-8, 5 HRs, 13 RBIs, 6 Runs, 2.625 SLG%, 2 Ls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.