Skip to main content

Round Up Quick Notes

~I wonder what David Stern would have done to Lance Berkman if he ran Major League Baseball. Lance apparently was ejected from the game in the 8th inning and came out of the clubhouse for an altercation in the 9th. So Amare and Diaw get suspended for walking the sidelines during an altercation, one could only imagine that there would be a double digit suspension had either of them been already ejected from the game and walked back onto the court.

~So somehow I missed this yesterday but Big Z admitted to crying when he and Barrett got together to make up for their little scuffle in the dugout last week. Um, Big Z why so emotional. How about you just friggin pitch and not sound like a little girl.

~So who's ready for the Rocket to finally pitch so we can move on with our lives. I am. I'm not even gonna be around for the the game tomorrow afternoon and I can't say I care too much, everyone makes this out to be such a big thing, they're playing the friggin Pirates, and Clemens has in fact pitched in the majors for 20+ seasons, this isn't exactly that new of an idea. The only thing to be excited about, is if you're a Yankee fan and you're sick of watching the De Salvo's of the world.

~The good guys have won 6 of their last 8 and somehow someway Bobby Abreu is actually starting to hit the ball, as well as Cano. And the rotation is pitching well and Arod is an absolute beast in the 9th inning this year. I think Giambi getting injured might have been the best thing to happen to this team, as the Yanks have undergone the Curse of the Giambino since his signing.

~Joe Torre won his 2000th game for which I say, who cares. That just means you've been coaching for a long time, and were lucky enough to be the manager of the Yankees during some of their peak years. I don't classify this as a big deal at all, sorry just don't.

~It was nice to see the Red Sox actually lose a friggin series this week. As it seems like they haven't done that nearly enough this year against any team not named the Yankees. Not like there's anything to worry about in Red Sox nation, they still have that massive lead.

~My boy Yovani Gallardo finally threw a bad game in AAA in which he only last 4 1/3 and gave up 7 runs while recording only 3 Ks. Perhaps this was his way of telling the Brewers that he is officially uninterested in pitching in the minors any longer.

~Michael Burgess the kid I chronicled here, was drafted 49th by the Washington Nationals, who probably hope that he can be contained like a Latin player.

~In the Never ending Vick dog fighting story, apparently they had a lead with 30+ carcusses on the site, and now Vick's cousin is trying to take the complete fall for the operation by admitting that everything that happened at the house was his fault and that Michael had nothing to do with it, which was obviously a direct order which he's following. But somehow I doubt that it works like that, I feel as if perchance I owned a home in say Fairfield County that I was letting my cousin live in without paying rent, and he was running a brothel that I would be heald responsible for it once the feds came knocking on the door. One way or another hopefully this story ends soon as it's just been way too covered.

~This is pretty hilarious, even the Miami Dolphins players were thinking to themselves what the f as they drafted Ted Ginn with their first pick. I betcha he's gonna be welcomed in the locker room well.

~Honestly I forgot the hoop was on last night and by the time I got back from class and turned it on the Cavs were down double digits with 8 or so to go, so I watched Tennis instead. It's pretty amazing how completely uninterested I have been in these NBA playoffs.

~Something I have yet to mention, the Ducks won the Stanley Cup and I nor anybody else on the planet cared very much.

~Federer vs. Nadal is lined up for Sunday, and I already have my DVR set cause I'm going to miss the match. So if you tell me what happened prior to about 8 PM, when I get to watch it, I am going to be not so kind to you. Eh who am I kidding I got a 3 hour car ride in front of me on sunday morning, I'm gonna be listening to the FAN and they'll ruin the surprise. Boo Grad School.

~I'll be rooting for the two people that come from countries which begin with S, as in Switzerland and Serbia, because Federer doesn't wear Capri pants, and Ivanovic is much hotter than Henin.

~In this week alone I've received more hits than any other month of this blogs existance. So this week was a good one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.