Skip to main content

NBA Finals Prediction

After the Spurs knocked off the Suns in the Western Conference Semis I pretty much deducted that the Spurs should be handed the trophy now and that Tim Duncan should get his pinky fitted for his 4th ring. And as the Cavs were on their way to knocking off the Pistons I became less and less interested in the prospects of the NBA finals. I mean the Cavs don't have a good team right, they have Lebron and what? Daniel Gibson? So if you asked me on monday I would have said Spurs in 5 no problem. But than I read this little article at TrueHoop, which highlights just how much Lebron has abused the Spurs in years past. And now I am reconsidering my thoughts about the finals. I don't think it's just a formality, and I actual have some interest in watching the games and of analyzing the matchups.

Bowen on Lebron

No one can stop lebron, he's too strong, too athletic, too talented for anyone to stop him. Bowen is a pest but his main job will be to deny Lebron the ball cause once he gets the ball he'll abuse Bowen just like he does everyone else. The key for the Spurs will be to help Bowen both on traps, and help D on drives.

Cleveland Scrubs Versus Open Shots

So with the Spurs spending all of the energy in stopping or stifling Lebron the rest of the Cavs should expect plenty of open looks and open lanes to the hoop. They must take advantage of every single situation. The problem? None of them are very good. Do you honestly trust Donyell Marshall to hit a big shot, or Daniel Gibson to come up big? Honestly? Even the most die hard Cleveland fan couldn't say yes.

Too Fast Too Furious Too French?

Who's gonna cover Tony Parker on the perimeter? I'd imagine LBJ will be matched up against Ginobli, or Bowen if they want to give him a breather. So who tries to slow down Parker? Hughes is banged up, Gibson isn't much of a defender, Damon Jones ya right. Tony Parker is a nightmarish matchup for the Cavs. Would it be vastly disappointing to you as well if a French guy won the NBA Finals MVP and was routinely sleeping with Eva Longoria? Atleast I can tell myself that it's all just a figment of my imagination and that Parker truly enjoys Ronny Ron's junk.

The Fundamental Dominance

Speaking of covering Spurs, who is going to cover Duncan? Big Z, he's too slow. Varejao, perhaps. Maybe they hope that his big curly fro will blind Duncan's view of the glass on the Bank Shot Jumper. More than likely Duncan drops 24 a game and pulls down 15 boards per.

Lebron Dunking on Duncan is Fun

Here's something that has to give the Cavs some hope.



The Winner: San Antonio in 6

I still just can't see the Cavs pulling it off. When you have to choose between Big Z, Anderson Varejao and Daniel Gibson as your #2 player you have to be at a severe disadvantage. Both of the Cavs wins came well before the Spurs hit their stride and this is the playoffs, a whole different ballgame. I don't see the Cavs having anyone who can matchup with Parker or Duncan and while Lebron has a decided advantage over the Spurs, it just isn't enough.

Who You Got

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.