Skip to main content

Weekend Review Quick Notes

~Billy what the F? Why in the world did you take the job and then within a single weekend decide it was a bad move. I don't get it. What changed so much in the two days between you signing the contract and then asking them to release you. I don't think I could ever do that, I think you really should take the time to decide what you want and then when you come to the conclusion stick with it. Perhaps this rebuttal is a bad move. One way or another the Magic have to let him go back to Florida, sure it sucks and is a PR hit but you can't keep him there against his will, it would be bad for your franchise. There are plenty good coaches out there that would love to coach Dwight Howard, just find a different one.

~Johnnie Morton got knocked the F out in his MMA debut on a quick right to the chin. Then post match he refuses to take his performance enhancer test and they refuse to pay him. Looks like nothing has changed in Johnnie's life.

~Can't say I watched much of the saturday night NBA game. Me and games during bar hours don't usually mix well. I'm not really that surprised that the Cavs won game 6, just seemed like the Pistons couldn't figure out who their go to guy was all postseason and as much as I have loved C Webb my entire life, what the Pistons needed at the #5 was someone who could play help defense, and C Webb is not that man. Boo, I was hoping he would get his opportunity in the finals.

~Hooray the Hockey was actually on a station I get this weekend, so I watched a few minutes of it. Congrats to the NHL for getting one more viewer for a single period of the Stanley Cup finals, that brings you up to about 23 total viewers.

~Walkoff homer sunday as Vlad the Impaler and the Flyin Hawaiian drop homers in the ninth so they could enjoy getting pounded in the skull when they cross home plate. It was even Victorino hula bobble head night, which looks exceedingly not heterosexual. I probably would have protested if I was him.

~Johan Santana is 6-5 and was outdueled by the 6-1 Chad Gaudin yesterday afternoon? Um who knew. In all actuality, Santana sits with a 3.30 era through his first 12 starts, so it's mostly the fault of the Twins lack of run support.

~Gary Sheffield might be the most ignorant person on the planet. How about you toss the race card out there a few more times this weekend? First you say that if you get suspended for what was deemed throwing a broken bat at the umpire (I didn't see it) that it would be a conspiracy. And then you come out and say that Latin players just do what their told and that's why there's not that many black players in the Majors? Some just needs to get that man to shut up and just hit the ball. He is out of his friggin mind. I just hope he doesn't get suspended cause I have him in 2 of my 3 leagues and he is starting to rip the cover off the ball. Jimmy please tell your DH to shut the f up.

~Federer and Nadal are both still on a collision course for the final next weekend, which I would be very excited to watch. Nadal's match today is against Leyton Hewitt so that could potentially be entertaining.

~I caught a little sportscenter this weekend and caught the story of the gay lacrosse coach that was ousted weeks after he came out. They put part of this decision in the players hands and they proclaim his sexuality had nothing, zero, zilch to do with it. That's quite laughable. The part that startled me the most was the "woman", so the name Karen suggests, that fired him. Woah was she a Pat and quite hypocritical.

~It's official, three leagues, 2 months, 3 current pole positions. Woo. May have to do a fantasy round up post this afternoon, in celebration.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.