Skip to main content

Obligatory Midseason Awards

I feel obliged to do this but I'm gonna make it quick so here are my first half award winners...

NL MVP

1. Prince Fielder - Doin it for his estranged fat father.
2. Chase Utley - The Phils should be good right?
3. Jose Reyes - He's fast.

AL MVP

1. Arod - Contract Year Push.
2. Vlad - He's the Whole Offense.
3. Magglio - Curly Locks Leadin the way.

NL Cy Young

1. Chris Young - Mostly for the lame punches thrown at Derek Lee.
2. Jake Peavy - Two Fathers at the top?
3. Brad Penny - Why does he always date hot chicks?

AL Cy Young

1. Dan Haren - It's all in the Beard.
2. CC Fatassia - It's all in the fat rolls.
3. Josh Beckett - Hopefully there's a big tail off.

NL Rook O' Da Year

1. Hunter Pence - He Eats Venison.
2. Ryan Braun - Just needs some more ABs.
3. Josh Hamilton - Crack free.

AL Rook O' Da Year

1. Dice-K - I don't discriminate against Team Asia.
2. Hideki Okjajima - I told you I like Asia.
3. Jeremy Guthrie - I picked him up so he's probably gonna tank 2nd half.

NL Manager of the Year

1. Bud Black - Bud makes pitchers good.
2. Grady Little - Give Forest Gump some love.
3. Ned Yost - Screw him, he sucks.

AL Manager of the Year

1. Jim Leyland - Leyland's anger makes me happy.
2. Eric Wedge - Go Injuns.
3. Joe Torre - Ha ya right.

My MVP is Jesus of course...

Comments

Anonymous said…
please...dice k? for AL rookie of the year? How about Pedroia? He's a true rookie in every sense of the word and has been tearing it up pre-all star break (except for the early season) Though Dice K is good...unless he gets 20 wins, he shouldn't be considered simply because he's practically a veteran player.

-Brent
Simon said…
I'm not a exclude the Japanese Imports guy. I personally think if it's your first year in MLB your a rook.

Jack Cust has been in the minors for about 10 years is that, that much different then playing in Japan for 10 years? Not like the Japanese league is that much better than AAA.
Anonymous said…
millsy has his first shot to edit your work its leyland not leiland
Simon said…
Hurry up millsy get your ass to work...
Papa Bear said…
I'm on it like Jeter on Oreos Tone, thanks for the heads up.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.