Skip to main content

2010 Fantasy 1B Rankings

How am I doing my rankings? First I take the CHONE projections for each player, next I calculate what percentage of my needed stats they will garner me in my keeper league (3rd place for each category). Finally I see just how much added bonus they give me in comparison to the average player at the position.

1B Is DEEEEEEEEEEEEP
Sure you wouldn't mind having Albert Pujols and his .350 average and 45 home runs, but you could get the 10th 1B off the board and end up with Joey Votto, Lance Berkman or Justin Morneau all of whom are likely to approach 30 HRs 100+ RBI and have a respectable average. There is no other position that even comes close to the depth of first base. If you don't get 20+ home runs from your first baseman than chances are you're either terrible at fantasy baseball or the rest of your lineup is incredibly stacked.

And If Your Lucky Enough to Include DHs It Gets Deeper
In my main league we don't have any utility slots which means that DHs get lumped into the 1B slot. What does this mean? It means that the position adds an extra 4 or 5 players to contribute. You get to lump in Adam Lind (whom please just go look at his stats last year), Vlad, Jason Kubel, Jack Cust, David Ortiz etc.

Even the 24th Guy Might Be Good
You could theoretically wait until near the last round of your draft and still wind up with a guy like Nick Johnson who probably is going to hit 2nd for the Yankees which means he's going to score A LOT of runs. Throw in the fact that all you need to do is bloop a ball down the line for a home run and he's probably ready to luck into 15 HRs so you might get a line of .300 105 runs 80 rbi 15 HRs 0 Steals from a guy at the bottom of the first base food chain.

Check Out My Full Calculated Rankings After the Jump...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.