Skip to main content

Bracket Breakdown: East

Round 1

1 UNC vs. 16 E Kentucky: Enough with the 1 seed analysis pretty much a waste of time.Winner: UNC

8 Marquette vs. 9 Michigan St.: James is a quality point guard and Marquette is a very dangerous team. Michigan St. relies way too much on Drew Neitzel to be succesful in this tourny. And a rule of thumb if you've lost to Michigan this season you aren't any good. Winner: Marquette

5 USC vs. 12 Arkansas: I hate both of these teams. If this game is on my television I just my vomit. I'm picking USC by default even though I don't think they're any good. Winner: USC

4 Texas vs. 13 N Mexico St.: The Longhorns get a 4 seed mostly because they struggled during the early portion of the season. It doesn't fully take into consideration how well they are currently playing and how friggin awesome Kevin Durant is, they will dominate NMex St. Reggie Theus out.Winner: Texas

6 Vandy vs. 11 Geo Washington: Not really sure why Vandy was given a 6 seed so what they beat Florida, the Gators were playing like garbage. What annoys me most about Vandy is that they're the sole reason Arkansas is in the tournament over the Cuse. Anyway that was off topic. I have them winning round 1. Winner: Vandy

3 Wazzu vs. 14 Oral Roberts: This is everyones upset special and thus I am not taking it. Sure I hate the Pac 10, and yes Oral Roberts beat Kansas and I just picked Kansas to make the final 4 but I think this upset is getting overhyped by every single person in the media. Winner: Wazzu

7 BC vs. 10 Texas Tech: I don't like BC's team. Jared Dudley has a ton of talent but sometimes he just doesn't show up. I know Tech has weak talent but I don't trust this BC squad to step up in a big spot. Although Knight does lose every year in the first round so this is probably a bad pick. Winner: Texas Tech

2 Gtown vs. 15 Belmont: Hell ya I picked Belmont to win their conference tournament in the preseason. But ya Gtown will maul them.Winner: Gtown

Round 2

1 UNC vs. 8 Marquette: Personally I think this will be the biggest test for a 1 seed in the entire first weekend. Marquette is a very streaky team that when playing on their top level and with James hitting shots can beat anyone. This should be a thriller that goes down to the wire with UNC narrowly taking it home. Winner: UNC

5 USC vs. 4 Texas: Out with the Pac 10. Why did USC get a 5 seed again? Is OJ Mayo already suiting up for them? No. Ok I think I'll go with Durant then. Winner: Texas

6 Vandy vs. 3 Wazzu: Apparently I don't hate Vandy that much because I have them beating Wazzu. I don't believe in the Pac 10, and while I hate Vandy I think they're the type of team that can shoot lights out on the three and knock off better squads which they will do here.Winner: Vandy

2 Gtown vs. 10 Texas Tech: JT3 will crush Bob Knight, and it will be very funny. Bob Knight in his old age doesn't really seem to care about recruiting high profile athletes as his team is always undermanned. Sometimes I think he doesn't get enough credit, his team has limited talent and they beat A&M, a sexy final 4 pick, twice. Winner: Gtown

Sweet 16

1 UNC vs. 4 Texas: In Durant I trust. I think Durant is the type of kid that will drop 40 in the big spot not the type of kid that will crumble. I think his play slipt in the Big 12 final because of the back to back to back games. With a week off prior to facing UNC he's going to carry the Longhorns on his shoulders over the Tarheels. Hey look I actually am picking a non 1 seed to make the final 4, oh good job me. Not 100% Chalk, but damn close. Winner: Texas

2 Gtown vs. 6 Vandy: I don't like Vandy that much not even close. I think Gtown pounds Vandy in the ground and Gtown gets into the Elite 8 with Relative ease.Winner: Gtown

Elite 8

4 Texas vs. 2 Gtown: Green is a beast. He is just a little worse than Durant at every single aspect of the game except for threes which he doesn't do. He will match much of what Durant does. But the Hoyas have other significant advantages. They have a 7 foot 2 center to feed the ball to downlow who can clean up the offensive glass. They play much better defense than the Longhorns. And they do not commit dumb turnovers.

Winner: Gtown

Comments

Carl said…
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND - might want to look at how well "hot shooting" team do against WAZZU. WSU's losses are all by such a slight margin and only when teams go crazy on fire (see gabe pruitt in the the pac-10 tourney). While everyone has the Cougs as the upset special - they should be everyones Final Four special as the team can play D with the best of 'em and control the tempo with 2 of the best guards in the country.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.