Skip to main content

Tourny Quick Notes

~Ohio St. is really attempting to give me a heart attack. That's twice I thought my bracket was completely busted and they somehow came back to win it. I don't know which one was more surprising 9 points with 3 minutes left or down 20 with .01 to go in the first half. Just shows how explosive this team can be, or how lax it can be. Some people go by the you need to squeek by a few games to get through the tourny and win it all, and a close game early helps you. Other people say they have been struggling and that will catch up with them. I'm pretty neutral. Do I think they will beat Memphis, yes, will I be surprised if they get blown out, no. UConn lost to George Mason last year with just as much talent.

~I think Tennessee brought themselves into a close game in the second half. They stopped for the most part their full court press which forced the lethargic Buckeyes into several mistakes and then on the offensive end they went to a 4 corners delay offense which completely took them out of their first half hot shooting. Great job in the first half by Bruce Pearl and equally as bad in the second half.

~Some of those fouls on Oden, especially the 4th, were completely lame. This could be the #1 pick in the NBA draft and the refs single handedly made him irrelevent for 30 minutes last night. The 4th foul the guy ran right into him and flop liked Vlade Divac and he gets called for a foul. Ridiculous.

~Speaking of Oden, anyone find it ridiculous how he got winded running up and down the court yesterday in limited minutes. I can't say I was impressed with that, you played maybe 15 minutes, you shouldn't be getting tired going up and down the court 3 or 4 times.

~Mike Connely though is way better than advertised. Why did this kid get limited pub coming into college? He is as valuable if not more valuable to Ohio St. as Oden.

~What the hell is up with teams on their last possession down by 1 shooting threes. Louisville did it against A&M last week and Memphis did it last night but was bailed out by the fact they pulled down every rebound. Does Gillespie have some kind of voodoo mind control over his opposing players and coaches? Down by one, drive to the paint.

~The Pitt UCLA game was ugly as hell and I am very glad that I had the option of watching the Ohio St. game instead. (OSU Tenn was on the NYC CBS, Pitt UCLA was on the Connecticut one) I absolutely despise watching UCLA play and I hate their team. I will be very annoyed if they beat Kansas.

~Aaron Gray is not very good and Pitt never ever has a go to scorer in big games and that is why they never make the Final 4. Just think of their best players since their resurgance Brandon Knight, Chris Taft, Aaron Gray, Carl Krauser... None of them were 20 point scorers. Eventually you need a stud to get things done in the tourny.

~Driving home from class yesterday was a nuisance, I turned on 1050 ESPN radio to listen to the games, I got in the car with Kansas up by 3 with 3 minutes to go, and what is on, the friggin Knicks. Are you kidding me? So I find a station its on drive two blocks and it's pure static, find another one drive down the Merit hit greenwich and its mostly static. So I'm driving on the highway for the rest of the Kansas game flip flopping between these two stations scrambling to here the end of the game. Eventually after the game was over I found another station that it was on and was not very staticy.

~Teams I'm pulling for tonight beacause of my bracket: UNLV, USC, Florida, G-Town

~Teams I really want to win: UNLV, UNC, Butler, G-Twon... I really want to see a UNC G-Town showdown.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.