Skip to main content

Bracket Quick Notes

Round 1 Borefest

Thursday was utterly boring minus the Duke loss and for the most part friday was the same. None of the early games were that competetive or that entertaining and only a few of the late games were. The overtime game between Nevada and Creighton was cool but for the most part that wasn't telecasted on my CBS. Same with the Va Tech Illinois game which didn't get switched to until much too late in the process and the Oregon Miami of Ohio game I don't know if I even saw a highlight of that game much less the final few seconds. Some of this can be attributed to me going to the gym and the conclusion of the ND whooping, and me losing an elite 8 team in the first round and being annoyed that I'm an idiot but still there was a lesson learned. I need Direct TV so I can watch whatever game I want to watch. Much better than banking on CBS to put on the good game.

Saturday

Now Saturday is what I'm talking about. As I'm watching the Buckeyes begin to suck in the mid second half I begin to think to myself how much of a failure I was making my picks this year. With 2:54 left and the Buckeyes down by 9 I described the end of the game as watching the funeral of my bracket, but much to my enjoyment the Buckeyes somehow hit a bunch of clutch threes, lucked the hell out by not getting an intentional foul call on Oden even though he cross checked Cage, then lucked out with Cage who went 8 for 8 from the field and 6 for 8 from the line splitting his free throws, lucked out again because Miller decided not to foul prior to the Buckeyes shooting a 3 and finally Lewis burying a deep three to tie the game. Then Connolly taking over in overtime. And the bracket is still alive.

The Butler game reads a 3 point win over the Terps but the end wasn't that exciting it was pretty much DJ Strawberry going in for uncontested layups to make it closer in the end than it really was.

The Louisville A&M game was a thriller but why in the world down one coming out of a timeout do you shoot a deep three without even attempting to penetrate. Terrible decision making by the Cardinal and they deserved to lose down the stretch. A Hall of Fame coach like Rick Pitino certainly should be able to draw something up. Also Acie Law III is pretty goofy looking.

The BC Georgetown game was on for the most part while I was eating dinner at a local Irish Pub. BC stayed in it for a long time, but Georgetwon led mostly by Hibbert close out the game in strong fashion and actually to CBS's credit they switched to Vandy Wazzu when that game went into the stretch run.

Vandy Wazzu was a solid game with a bunch of clutch three pointers to tie the game up and keep sending it into the next overtime. I actually got this game right so I was pretty pumped by that. All in all this was probably the second best game of the day behind Ohio St. and maybe the second best game of the week.

Then they switched to the Pitt VCU game which somehow wound up going to overtime despite Pitt having dominant leads as well as 2 free throws with two seconds left for Levance to choke away. The overtime wasn't really any good though.

Late night games I was in full St. Patty's mode by then so didn't watch. I do know that I looked up at the bars tv and saw that the score of the UCLA Indiana game was 27-16 with 16 minutes left in the second half and said wow I can't wait for how boring Pitt UCLA will be next week.

Sunday

Tennessee knocking off Virginia was probably entertaining but I was out running a bunch of errands and missed it.

Purdue stayed with Florida for a long time when I was at the gym and then folded down the stretch a nice job by Horford to push the game out of distance.

Wisconsin played like crap both games and deserved to lose to UNLV despite their nice second half comeback. How funny is the whole Kruger thing where he graduated from ASU and was 2nd in the nation in minutes per game last year, then goes to "grad" school at UNLV doesn't have to wait a year to play for his father and almost drops a triple double to get the Runnin Rebs into the Sweet 16. Way to take advantage of the system. And does he not bare atleast a slight resemblence to Freddy Kruger minus the scars and claws and whatnot. Come on you know he does.

Va Tech was pretty much down by double digits all game and was only broadcasted for a minute or two on my CBS. They just couldn't make shots.

I was hoping Winthrop would knock of Oregon, but they were pretty much done with around 15 minutes to go.

I don't know what to make of Memphis they really haven't beaten many teams this year but they handeled Nevada well. It will be interesting how they play against A&M which will be for the most part a road game.

Kansas had Kentucky in hand for almost the whole game and I was hoping CBS would change over so I could get a last look at Durant before his college career was over and he becomes a Celtic, but they didn't do it until the game was over.

Texas, Durant 30 rest of team 38, that is why they are going home.

My Bracket

Pretty much mediocre to poor. I lost 2 Elite 8 teams (ND and Texas) but atleast have my Final 4 in tact. We'll see how that goes. My best bracket is San Antonio where I only got Creighton wrong, my worst is St. Louis where I only have 1 of the 4 sweet 16 teams, ugh.

21 of 32 Second Round Teams
11 of Sweet 16 Teams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.