Skip to main content

Bracket Breakdown: West

Round 1

1 Kansas vs. 16 Niagara: Atleast Niagara gets credit for a tournament win. How lame is the play in game. Winner: Kansas

8 Kentucky vs. 9 Villanova: I think this is one of those 8 9 games where you might as well just flip a coin and decide that way instead of trying to figure out which squad is better. I'm sort of a Big East homer, and thus Nova. Winner: Nova

5 Va Tech vs. 12 Illinois: This just might be the worst 12 seed draw Tech could have gotten. Sure Illinois stinks, but they play that grind out Big 10 style and that is not Va Tech's strong suit. If I was Illinois I would simply foul Tech every time they got near the basket, but I don't think they will and Tech manages to escape a scare. Winner: Va Tech

4 Southern Illinois vs. 13 Holy Cross: I don't really get why Southern Illinois is a 4 seed This is probably a homer pick that bites me in the ass.Winner: Holy Cross

6 Duke vs. 11 VCU: Every seems to be throwing Duke completely under the bus against VCU and I hate Duke as much as anyone I know and I would love them to lose but I just don't see it as unfortunate as that sounds. I hope I'm wrong. Winner: Duke

3 Pitt vs. 14 Wright St.: Pitt sucks in the tourny every year and their team is overrated this season, and yet I can't bring myself to picking them to lose to Wright St. Winner: Pitt

7 Indiana vs. 10 Gonzaga: I think the Zags are back in the groove after the mid season weed controversy has subsided a bit. Plus Indiana always seems to choke in the tournament, and I'm not a big fan of Sampson. Winner: Gonzaga

2 UCLA vs. 15 Weber St.: UCLA is one of those top seeds that will comfortably win their games early by 10 to 15 points.Winner: UCLA

Round 2

1 Kansas vs. 9 Villanova: The Wildcats have the kid Reynolds, who has been playing out of his mind down the stretch, as well as Sumpter and Sheridan downlow. I think they'll stay with Kansas for awhile but the Jayhawks should take over down the stretch. Winner: Kansas

13 Holy Cross vs. 5 Va Tech: I actually feel stronger about this game than I do about Holy Cross knocking off Southern Illinois. Here are a few reasons, the Crusaders have excellent senior leadership with their top two guys being 4 year seniors, they have some big bodies in the middle and they hit every single free throw down the stretch. Tech on the other hand must be one if not the worst free throw shooting teams in the country. Also Tech struggled against teams that slowed it down, see three losses to NC State, I think Cross can do that. Winner: Holy Cross

6 Duke vs. 3 Pitt: I honestly am starting to lean towards Duke more every day but the hate is prevailing in the end. I am just not comfortable in taking Pitt to advance far they aren't very good. Winner: Pitt

2 UCLA vs. 10 Gonzaga: I thought they played earlier this season, um I was wrong. Another case of UCLA being boring and winning by a couple though I will pull for a Zags upset. Winner: UCLA

Sweet 16

1 Kansas vs. 13 Holy Cross: A few years back the Crusaders almost knocked off Kansas, but this is where most Cinderella journeys end and this is the end of the line for Holy Cross Winner: Kansas

2 UCLA vs. 3 Pitt: Howland vs. his best friend Dixon. Should be incredibly painful to watch. Think UCLA vs. Memphis last year where the only thing being thrown up were disgusting bricks, followed by miserable passes all with the broadcasters crediting superb defense.Winner: UCLA

Elite 8

1 Kansas vs. 2 UCLA: I don't know if I've seen many people pick Kansas over UCLA. But here are some nice #s to throw out, Kansas is 30-4 and has improved over the course of the season. UCLA stumbled down the stretch. Kansas plays in as good or better of a conference. Kansas knocked off Florida in Gainesville early in the season. Kansas for some reason, who knows why, is flying under the radar as a #1 seed. Well not here.

Winner: Kansas

Comments

Anonymous said…
Nice job picking OK St to win the NIT. You may want to revise your bracket. The lesson here..never ever go against the basketball powerhouse that is Marist College. Nobody FOX with us!

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.