Skip to main content

Quick Notes: Conference Championship Games

Quick Picks of the champions for the weekend.

ACC - Should be UNC but they seem to choke in this tourny every year. I'll go with UVgay, I mean UVA, why because they have the Best Point Guard.

America East - Vermont is going to dominate in their home arena.

Big East - Pitt over Georgetown. Usually the Big East champion gets knocked off early in the NCAAs, since I think G-town will go far, and Pitt is always the perfect choke artist...

Big 10 - Wisconsin should face OSU in the title game, I'll take Wisconsin to win the Conference Championship, but someone else might be my preseason pick for the title / future pick for the title.

Big 12 - Durant's biggest college accomplishment comes this weekend when he leads the Texas Longhorns to victories over the Jayhawks and another over A&M.

Big West - Going with the home of Snoop D O Double G, Long Beach State.

Conference USA - Is there any conference easier to pick than USA? Um Memphis, with a house down payment on the line.

Mid American - Should we go with Wally World's alma mata, how about no. Akron Zips baby.

Mountain West - The Runnin Rebs are pro polygamy and that is why they dominate mountain territory. UNLV.

Pac 10 - Woah where did UCLA go already? And Arizona as well? I'm going with the Mighty Ducks of Oregon.

Patriot - I'm a Holy Cross Crusader homer. Let's go Worcester boys.

SEC - I don't think Florida chokes this one away despite their poor play the past few weeks.

WAC - Um almost as easy as Conference USA, Nevada. Fazekas is a funny name...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...