Skip to main content

NCAA Title Game Minute by Minute Blog 1st Half

Mark this down as the first minute by minute blog I've ever done during a game. I got my wireless working at home so it's allowed me to do this.

9:00 Prison Break was incredibly intense at the end and I had my suspissions about the next season but I think it's going to be incredibly intense and sweet again. I'm currently taping 24 cause I don't like not watching a whole episode, problem with that is last time I tried to tape 24 Jack Bauer spited me. I feel weird betraying Jack once again.

9:07 Over Under for tonight on how many times I mutter god damn Noah is ugly should be set around 22, I think. Chalk #1 down at 9:07.

9:08 Gus Johnson is ten times better than Nantz and Packer.

9:09 Gumbel to Gumbel, where's the youtube clip for this?

9:10 Speaking of Ugly, Thad Matta anyone?

9:11 Billy Donovan in his pregame speach "Tonight I'm coaching for the largest contract in NCAA history."

9:13 17 straight championship games for the d-bag's packer and nantz. 33 for packer. Woo. Noah is friggin Ugly. #2. I'm a Michigan fan and I'm definately rooting for the Buckeyes, is that sacrilige? There's just something about the Gators I don't like. Probably Noah, and the fact that when the Celtics crap out and get the 3rd pick they will take him. And I will vomit.

9:17 The theme of this tourny is Ugly, how friggin Ugly is this court, did someone seriously think to themselves... "Hmm I think it really needs a bit of lime green, ya and weird glowing lime green stripes on the sidelines." Also, does anyone other than me find the two different color woods annoying? You see this all the time. I can't stand it.

9:19 They used Greg Oden to say one word in the Buckeye introduction and that word... "Just" Now I know that word is in his vocab. Excellent.

9:21 "And ready to repeat..." Noah's so friggin Ugly... My buddy Joe put it best, he will go down as the Ugliest man ever to get a three-some. #3

9:22 Thad Matta definately looks like a troll. I thought tip off was 9:21 friggin liars. Tick.

9:23 Tick more Nantz nonsense.

9:24 And finally the tip to the Gators. Boo.

9:25 Horford completely grapples Oden on one end off an offensive rebound and no call, then Harris gets called for a ticky tack foul. And then they call a ticky tack on Horford before the entry pass. I dont get it. And Packer uses the words ticky tack out of my mouth. I need to wash out my mouth with soap.

9:27 Harris is too small to cover Noah, or mayvbe he's scared of his uglieness. #4

9:28 Oden has already played more minutes in the first half than he did against G-Town. And a ticky tack hand check foul on Conley. They certainly can't have him in foul trouble. 7-5 Buckeyes

9:29 Oden's first bucket, an awkward left handed hook over Horford.

9:30 First TV timeout... 6 minutes after tip, gotta love the commercial schedule, and this horrible Chevy Mix Tape commercial to boot. Spongebob no pants? Um why? Stopping a Ceiling fan with your tongue, sounds like an intelligent decision.

9:33 Hahahaha Billy D pullin a funny prank. That sphere in the shape of a basketball looks like Epcot, a pretty dumb trophy.

9:34 Horford definately just tried to draw a foul on that turnaround and got no call. The officials got the notice to not give these big guys early fouls. This has the feel of a terrific game. Noah draws a dumb foul probably cause he's ugly. And so's his shot. #5

9:36 Another entry pass foul call, this one on Noah, kind of a lame call. And now one on Hunter. Here comes the token white guy. Terwilliger.

9:38 What the hell happened to Brewer, how about a replay. Ok now how about a good replay. Guess not. Billy Packer wants unlimited fouls, good call. Travel on Oden and Packer complements him on his move. "Pretty Good Move" Ha ya the travel move is always a good one.

9:39 Number 2 on Conley with 12:16 left and on a 3 nonetheless, stupid foul. This press is working pretty well for the Gators, as Hodge gets an and 1 and Noah does his patented I'm Ugly scream. #6

9:42 CBS was buggin out for a second, not cool. Second Commercial break. Gators 17-13. And this is our Country? I flipped to ABC, don't know why but that one legged girl Heather Mills, did a front handspring. Impressive. Oh no, Clyde or Cliff is on their way out, basketball vs. beer an epic duel.

9:46 Oden engulfs Brewer on a layup and no call, interesting. Brewer buckets a 3 20-13. Boo. Ha Noah got dunked on sweet.

9:47 Now they buzz Oden for a reach in even though he got all ball. Terrifically funny. It was a good 10:41 before his first foul though.

9:48 I don't like Richard posting up Oden, that has fouls written all over it. Oden finally comes out.

9:50 The ole timeout at 7:59 on the clock, probably good for Ohio St., give Oden a rest and get him back in. Thad was probably going to wait until the end of the TV Timeout anyway. The Buckeyes need to get Oden the ball a lot in this game especially when Noah is on him, Noah isn't strong enough to cover him. In other news Brad Lidge got right back on the train tracks, blowing his first save opp. of the season.

9:53 Oden stays on the bench, don't get it, but he's coming in on the first whistle. Probably why Thad isn't a good coach.

9:54 What a pass to Terwilliger for a dunk. Conley = Pimp. Oden now comes in at 6:18, 1:41 seconds on the bench for no reason.

9:56 The jump hook not working for Oden. Harris's nickname is Microwave, a classic nickname but one already used. Buckeyes employ the leave Humphrey open for a three strategy for the first time of the game. Doesn't work. And Richard gets a ticky tack on the other end.

9:58 Brewer buries a 3, 30-22. Now Green knocks 3. 33-22. Damn it. Thad drops his first, my team is getting smoked I need a time out of the game.

10:00 Sum up so far, the Buckeyes offense has been gun threes or give the ball to Oden in the post and he forces up a shot. I feel as if they should be able to do better. Shouldn't the Buckeyes be able to exploit Humphrey on the offensive end, he is a short white jump shooter.

10:02 Keep them off the line strategy Billy, they have 10 foul shots to the Buckeyes zero, what the hell are you talking about.

10:03 Billy Packer says something stupid about how Conley can't handle being covered by a 7 footer. He dribbled the ball off his leg to a guy that's 6 foot 8. I hate you Billy Packer.

10:04 Oden gets fouled on his hook shot buries it, and the ref says on the floor. Can we get the NBA continuation rule in college already. Atleast Ugly Duckling has 2 fouls. #7

10:08 Buckeyes first free throws of the game... Does he miss the front end... No. Misses the second. 37-27.

10:09 Buckeyes need a bucket on their last possession and they don't get it. Should have given the ball to Oden in the post. 40-29 at the Half.

First Half Sum Up

Florida is draining their 3s which spells terribly bad news for the Buckeyes. And throughout the tourny Ohio St. has won with minimal production from Oden. Tonight he's got 11 and 7 at the half. Aka they'd be getting toasted without him. Also, I can't stand how they keep saying Oden can't play a lot of minutes. If he can't that's pathetic. Friggin Shaq played a lot of minutes in his prime. You get two minutes off for every 4 you play. And you get 20 minutes between halves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.