Skip to main content

Quick Notes

~Arod has improved this season in my book and I think I'm gonna lay off him. Not because I expect him to perform in the clutch, not because he will be any better in the field, and certainly not because I expect him to be a monster in the postseason, any of those things will be welcomed. But to me it's his new wardrobe. I do not ever remember Arod ever busting out the high socks in his yankee days or in his ranger/mariner youthful years and there he was yesterday drilling a home run of my flier of a pitcher (Juan Salas, looks like he's not closing) in beautiful high socks. Why any baseball player would ever where his pants down around his ankles when it blatantly looks better high style is beyond me. So Arod you've got one Yankee fan off your back for awhile, but if you revert back to the long pants I will grill you just as hard as before.

~John Beilein at Michigan I am pumped with this news. He got the Mountaineers to the Elite 8 with no NBA talent at all and certainly no superstar. If he can recruit the Detroit and Chicago areas, get some solid shooters and athleticism, and who wouldn't want to play in his offense, Michigan could actually be good again. This was probably the best candidate they could have landed and I think this shows some dedication to the basketball program in general, and could bring some excitement back to Ann Arbor. The only issue with Beilein is that at 54 he's not exactly a youngster, but hopefully over the course of the next 5 years he can rebuild the program to respectability and get them some wins in the tourny.

~It will be interesting to see who comes out this season, I really hope the G-Town kids stay as they would definately be in the running for preseason favorites. I wonder what Connely does.

~I'll do Masters picks and my Baseball Playoff Picks Manana.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.