Skip to main content

NFL Draft Quick Notes

~I would be willing to bet a lot of money that there are a decent amount of trades in the top 15 picks and that the players selected differ from my mock draft no later than pick 6, my guess is Calvin Johnson will probably blow the lid off my whole my draft by having someone trade up for him.

~Joe Thomas has decided to go fishing instead of attending the draft, I don't know about you but this turns me off for several reasons. This is the biggest day of your life and you're going to lounge around on a pond all day instead of getting up on the podium? Do you not care that much / is this somehow not a big deal for you. In addition fishing sucks, its to friggin boring.

~I still can't believe the Patriots got a first round pick for Deion Branch, that seemed like too much to give up at the time for me and I'm sure the Seahawks would like to have their pick right now rather than Branch. You know the the Patriots will unearth some unknowned guy that will have a huge impact on their team this year. It happens every year. Pick range 20-30 is the perfect avenue for Bill to improve his team.

~If you're the Raiders why not take the best player in the draft Calvin Johnson and trade Randy Moss to a team that might motivate him so he has some value. Another year in Oakland is another year wasted for Randy Moss's skill set and another year where his value declines.

~I hope the Jets draft a cornerback in the 1st round and not the Olsen kid from Miami. I'm just never excited about picking a 1st round TE. The whole Anthony Becht waste probably lead to that.

~If your Washington don't you almost have to trade your #6 pick down to pick up a few more selections. I mean you don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick right now. How is your team ever gonna be any good if you never can accumulate a lot of young players that fill well under the cap.

~Busts: Marshawn Lynch, Ted Ginn

~Falling to Far: Dwayne Jarrett

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.