Skip to main content

Recent Douchery Quicknotes

~Last week Colin Cowherd, a guy a gave raving reviews last year pulled a dumb ass prank which brought down one of the best sports blogs on the web, The Big Lead. Basically what he did was tell all of his listeners to hit the site at the same time and thus overload what was an underdeveloped bandwidth causing the server the site was located on to crash. This caused The Big Lead to search around and find a new server to host their site and caused their site to be down for around 2 days. Basically it was friggin stupid and pointless on his part, and yesterday at the end of his show he gave a half ass apology saying it was dumb. Yes Colin it was dumb and childish and pointless and I know for a fact you lost atleast one listener, my buddy Joe who went on a much better rant than mine.

~My personal opinion is that Colin did not come up with this idea by himself. I personally believe in the 'hit' conspiracy, whereby some techie at ESPN was in a meeting with execs talking about how to deal with the sports blogs, The Big Lead in particular breaking negative news at ESPN all the time. The Big Lead started the whole controversy with the fat black guy Jason Whitlock, broke the Harold Reynolds sexual harassment case, and the Salisbury texting his penis suspension. I think they basically said we need to hit them with atleast a jab, and thus informed Colin that he was going to do this hit. Which he most likely willingly said yes, partially because I don't think he minds for a second being a complete dick. And partially because I think he will do just about anything the execs tell him to do. He may be on in a ton of markets, but he was replaced in NYC, aka the biggest market.

~Now onto Imus and his nappy headed ho's comment. It was blatantly a joke gone completely wrong. I can understand calling for a suspension and I think the 2 weeks he got was just, can't complain too much there, but firing him, give me a break. He said one off color and wrong comment, why must this world be so damn sensitive to words. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson coming after him and saying he should be fired, what a joke, both of those guys are a joke. I'm not a fan of Imus nor will I ever be, but he does do a lot of stuff with his Imus Ranch charity for kids of all backgrounds, so I don't think he's a bad guy. What kind of benefit have you provided the world Rev. Sharpton?

~Obviously it was stupid and his wording was bad and dergatory but this was the essence of what he was saying. The Tennessee team was more attractive than the Rutgers team, because he followed up the nappy headed ho comments by saying the Tennessee girls were cute. Well guess what, Tennessee consists of mostly black players as well, so he wasn't deragotory in his remarks there. Maybe he equates a women basketball player having a massive tattoo on her arm as a negative. So yes suspend him, berate him if you like, but there's no benefit to firing him, chances are good that he's raised more money and done more good for people around the world then you or I have or ever will.

~Finally the whole 'fag out on me' comments by Billy Packer. In retrospect it's pretty funny how that is actually a real phrase with no derogatory meaning. Billy showed you fools, of his mastery of the enlish language, too bad he's the biggest douche of the three clowns noted in this Quick Notes section.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are geniuses...

who else has become a millionaire based solely on their skin color?

I think you're dead nuts right on how Imus should be handled.
Anonymous said…
I was one of those guys Going to the sites. The herd is still my favorite show.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.