Skip to main content

Quick Notes

~King Felix > Dice-K, atleast for today. I think people last year while they were jumping off the King Felix bandwagon forgot the fact that he was only 20 and that most kids while their 20 are sitting on their ass eating doritos watching a baseball game. Right now after two weeks Felix looks like the best pitcher on the planet, will that keep up this season? Who knows? Should this kid win a Cy Young barring injury, absolutely. As for Dice-K, I wouldn't be upset if I was a Red Sox fan, I mean he only gave up 3 runs, not like he got shelled or anything. And he didn't give up any bombs or anything. He's gonna win 16-18 games.

~Mussina going down with a Hamstring injury certainly isn't good for the Yankees. I wonder how many times Karstens or Rasner will need to get bombed before Hughes is called up. Something to watch.

~Imus getting canned by MSNBC is pretty much nonsense. Oh well, I guess the sponsors were too afraid to have any negative reflection on themselves and them pulling out pretty much guaranteed msnbc bailing ship.

~Celtics only need to lose to the Bucks and they ice the 2nd worst record in the NBA, thanks for the benching of Pierce and Big Al, solid move Danny.

~Speaking of the C's, on ESPN.com there's an article written about how the C's would contemplate jettisoning Jefferson if they got Oden and that he thinks they don't need a big man that he's their big man of the future. A) You are the C's big man of the future, but a combination of you and Oden would be unstoppable. B) If the Celtics got Oden and traded Jefferson I will write hate mail to Danny. A lot of Hate mail.

~The Hockey playoffs started, woo. I used to love the hockey playoffs, I used to watch it far more than the NBA playoffs. Now? Well I don't even get the station they are on, so. Ya, I won't be watching much more than a little bit of the Rangers games cause I actually get those. On the topic of stupid, the Rangers, Islanders and Devils are all playing at the same time. Smart move NHL, very smart.

~Amaker landed at Harvard, quite funny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.