Skip to main content

NFL Week 3 Awards

Wow You Guys Suck: St. Louis Rams, So much for the Rams having the greatest show on Turf. 3 points? 3 miserable little points. I know the Bucs probably aren't as atrocious as I and many others thought, but they still aren't good. The Rams could quickly pack in their season with a loss next weekend when Jackson will be sitting on the sidelines all game. Runners Up: Buffalo is apparently on their way to being one of the worst teams in the NFL, the Detroit DBs responsible for covering Kevin Curtis

Cough Cough Cough: Drew Brees, One year removed from being the runner up in the MVP and Brees is weekly putting up stink bombs. Multiple key turnovers in the 4th quarter eliminated any chance the Saints had of not sliding to 0-3. Runners Up: Philip Rivers is not holding up his end of the bargain, Sexy Rexy with another stinker.

This Scarecrow Needs a Brain: Joe Gibbs, Sometimes Hall of Fame Coaches do not out coach Tom Coughlin. By sometimes I mean approximately once and that once would be this weekend in the final minutes of the game. Joe if you're going to take over the play calling, get the ball in the end zone. Runner Up: DeAngelo Hall continuing to give VaTech alumni a bad name, Lovie Smith for continuing to run out the Sex Cannon as the starting QB.

The Shocker: Green Bay Packers, Once again I had the Pack at 10-6 and winning their division. However, I never thought for a second that they would beat the Chargers this weekend. I guess I'm just underestimating how much Norv Turner sucks at coaching. Runners Up: Tampa Bay moving to 2-1, Dallas 100% dominating the Bears

The Pimp: Donovan McNabb and Kevin Curtis, I went to the Yankee game this sunday so I came home and watched a DVR'd Jets game and everytime the stats popped up in the first half Curtis and McNabb had another 60+ yards and another td. They absolutely mauled the Lions and anyone who was lucky enough to start Curtis in fantasy is rejoicing. Runners Up: The Pats their whole f*ckin team, Brett Favre another turn back the clock performance.

You Got JAKKED UP: Chris Brown, Cause I DVR'd and watched only really the jets game and the monday night game I didn't catch many big hits. But Chris Brown got crushed last night on a dump off pass by Scott Fajita.

My Anti-Fantasy MVP: Larry Fitzgerald, I went 0-2 this week so I will divulge my anti MVP in the weeks that I perform miserably. This week the culprit is Larry Fitzgerald who apparently sucks balls. He has done nothing special this entire season. What the heck happened to him?

New York Jets MVP: Chad Pennington, For all those ass bag Jet fans out there who cheered for Clemens when he rushed on the field, Chad has played two games this season and in both games he's been the best Jet player on the field. No questions asked.

My Picks

My Picks: 10-6
Preseason Picks: 10-6
Picks Vs. Spread: 10-6

It's typically a rarity when you have the same record picking the winners as you do picking against the spread. But I won a decent amount of games where I picked the the underdog to cover and still lose and it happened. And a few games where the favorite lost the game but I picked the Underdog with the points, like the Saints Titans last night.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When can we officially label joe gibbs part 2 an overhyped failure. He is 23-28 with a roster that had reasonably good talent, at least defensively when he took over. NASCAR Joe > NFL Joe

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.