Skip to main content

Is Football Season Over Yet?

It's pretty easy to guess the one word sum up of how I feel thus far about the football season. That sum up starts and ends with the letter D.

Coming into the season I had decent hopes. I didn't really hope for a National Championship from the Wolverines however the last thing I expected was ineptitude. Within two weeks it's evident that the Wolverines defense is horrendous. That the spread offense is effectively a plague which they have no cure. That losing multiple top draft picks on defense apparently was a huge deal. And that Chad Henne might have quarterbacked the most choke games in college football history. No bowl wins, no Buckeye wins and a loss to Appalachian St. That's an impressive resume for a 4 year starter. If they lose to ND this weekend, I might be on football suicide watch.

As for the Jets I knew the Patriots were going to be the team to beat. I knew the Jets had a much more difficult schedule this season. But I did not expect to watch the game today and think that the Jets were effectively helpless. Tom Brady sat in the pocket every single pass play for as long as he wanted. He never never got touched. Randy Moss torched the Jets cornerback on just about every single play, which shouldn't be surprising considering he was lining up against Justin Miller. Why was Justin Miller covering Randy Moss? He's a nickel back / kickoff returner / woman puncher. The Jets defense could do absolutely nothing the entire game. It was pathetic. And to top it off Pennington gets his ankle rolled over and the pathetic fan base for which I am associated with cheers because Clemens is on the field. You guys absolutely suck, dude is hobbling off the field, was playing really well and he's gutted out everything for the team during his career and you are glad Clemens runs on the field. You all are assholes. Last year I thought Jets fans were piss poor when I went to the Bills game and they showed it today. They even won Olbermann's worst person in the world award during half time.

So in the span of 3 games it is evident that Tom Brady's Patriots are light years ahead of the Jets. And that the Wolverines suck. Great.

Oh and that one word sum up. It's Depressed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Think about it this way, Its great for you that randy moss is playing well now, because as the record shows, he plays well and peaks early, then his ego comes into play and tears the team apart. Keep your hopes up.
Anonymous said…
I was grinning the entire time I read this post.

Perras, I don't think that will happen, especially if Moss keeps getting 100+ yard games and puts points on the board. Did you see that 65 yard bomb Brady threw where Moss outran 3 Jets? I have high hopes. Not only did Moss blast past the defense, Brady's throw was about 55 yards in the air and accurate.
Anonymous said…
Yeah, I saw it, I was sitting next to Papa Bear, Sands, and Birm at a little place called www.hotpizzacoldbeer.com . The problem is that Moss does well to prove a point, then he expects to be the go to guy all the time. In the past this caused tensions and egos to come out. Don't forget that we got him for a 4th round draft pick.

I still stand by the fact that I believe Moss will be more important to the pats as a decoy that will need double coverage and will open up the middle of the field for guys like wes welker and co. I've said in the past that they would come out, show Moss to be a huge deep threat, and that will open to my theory. The problem will arise when they play the middle field and moss wants more actions. Don't forget, we have him for a year. He wants to get all the balls and lead the NFL, which in turn will allow for more money next year. It is in his best intentions to do well and stick out as a great player. If he does what I'm suggesting, he may not stick out as a leading receiver in 07.

I still hopes he does well and fits the mold, I just don't want to be blindsided if he implodes.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.