Skip to main content

NFL Week 1 Pick Suggestions


As you can see I'm going to go with a slightly different format this year for the picks. Instead of typing out who is going to win every game at the end of the post I'm just going to post the picture from my ESPN entry. If you want to see a larger version of the Pic just click on it. I am still however going to continue giving what I think are the 5 best options for the weekend. So lets begin:

5. San Diego Chargers (-5 1/2) vs. Chicago Bears

Have you seen that LT video? He tears up the Bears defense, and while that might be extra motivation for the Bears I don't think it matters. The Chargers were arguably the best team in the league last year, Rivers has another offseason under his belt and the Bears offense will struggle against the Chargers, I think they'll pull it out by a touchdown or more.

4. Kansas City Chiefs (+1 1/2) at Houston Texans

Why is everyone killing the Chiefs this season? How are they underdogs against the Houston Texans? I'm not saying they are going to be a stud team, but what's so different about the team this year than last year? They won a bunch of games last year with Huard at the helm. Is it simply the loss of Will Shields? Either way I don't see the Texans stopping Larry Johnson this weekend. He should end up with a boatload of money* cough yards.

3. Seattle Seahawks (-6 1/2) vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Well if you read my NFC South Predictions yesterday you could tell that I think the Bucs are going to suck. And this morning I proclaimed that the Seahawks were going to win their division. At this point in time Shaun Alexander is healthy. And the Bucs suck and are old. So he should put up massive numbers this week.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (-3 1/2) at Cleveland Browns

So I think it's pretty evident from my picks yesterday that I think the Steelers are going to be a superb team this season. And that Cheeseburger is going to have a big breakthrough. I do not however think a team led by Charlie Frye is going to do squat. To me this is a gimmee or I'm terribly wrong on the Steelers this season.

1. Detroit Lions (+2 1/2) at Oakland Raiders

Just in case you didn't analyze my Lions picks, I think they're going to get off to an extremely strong start, because they play a bunch of shitty teams like the Raiders. Here's what we know about the Raiders, they have decided whom their QB will be this week, but they haven't told anyone. You know what that sounds like? Notre Dame and they lost 33-3. While it won't be that bad, the Raiders offense is going to suck this weekend. Bank on it. And pick the Lions who should not be an underdog.

Survivor League Pick

The Survivor League pick this week is Seattle. I was debating between Pittsburgh and Seattle but have decided on Seattle with a little influence from my buddy Joe and because Seattle is at home instead of on the road. The first week always bites me in the ass so hopefully I get past that hurdle this year. For safety sake I advise you go with not Seattle.

Non-Spread Picks

And for those of you doing Non-Spread Picks, here are those picks for the week, they're same as the Week 1 Picks for the Game by Game Predictions:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.