Skip to main content

Connecticut is the Land of the Red Sox Yankee Rivalry


Quinnipiac University of Hamden Connecticut obviously has a little spare time on their hands and therefore for the 7th straight year they conducted a baseball fandom survey of Connecticut. The survey is essentially to see which team, the Yankees or the Red Sox, has more fans in the state of Connecticut and where exactly the lines in the sand are drawn. After losing out to the Red Sox in total fans last year for the first time in the surveys history, the Yankees eaked out a 42-38% victory in 2009 despite losing in five of the eight counties. Thankfully, due to wealth distribution population density of the counties, and the landslide victory in Fairfield County the Yanks take home the grand prize.

You can check the actual county results in the detailed Quinnipiac tables, but I'll sum it up for you. The counties close to New York City like the Yankees. The counties further away the city like the Sox. And Litchfield County is just confused and irrelevant.

This post is pretty much for all the jackasses from Massachusetts who have ever asked me how I live in New England and am a Yankee Fan. You can now see the map of Connecticut and exactly which counties have a majority of fans being either the Yankees or Red Sox. I live on the boarder of Fairfield and New Haven counties and thus grew up in Yankee territory. Next time someone asks me this question I shall point them here.

Comments

Hart said…
Enjoy the Celtics you moocher. Why don't you become a Knicks fan?
Simon said…
Blame it on my father... I deviate only on the Jets from him, mostly due to a childhood fondness for the color green. Else if I followed him down that path I'd have celebrated a few Super Bowl victories in my lifetime, rather than continual disappointment.

Additionally, it's not like the Celtics were good during my core basketball watching as a child in the 90s. The Knicks were better than them for the entire decade.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.