Skip to main content

My Jets Wish List: LBJ

What do the Jets need really really badly? A ton of things, like how about a quarterback that doesn't throw interceptions all the god damn time. Yes, but that's not the answer I was looking for. Someone in the secondary that can actually cover someone? Again yes, but not the answer I was focusing on. The answer I was looking for was a tall, fast and physically dominant wide receiver that commands a double team on every play.

What person on the planet is a free agent, runs a somewhere around a 4.5 40 is listed at 6 foot 8 250 pounds and is cut like Adonis? Lebron James.

Just imagine it for a second. Lebron is incredibly physical and built for an NBA player. Nobody in the league is more athletic than him. Nobody can out jump him in the NBA, a league built on jumpers. So tell me what cornerback would be able to cover him on a 7 yard fade route in the end zone? Again logically think about this for a second, who are the most dominant receivers in the NFL. I'll toss out a few Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Anquan Boldin, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Plaxico Burress, etc. Of those players Johnson is the tallest listed at 6-5. Now again think about how Burress, Moss and Johnson dominate, Speed and Height that smaller cornerbacks can't match up with. So, if they can't match up with someone 6-5 who's fast and can jump, how would they match up with someone that's 6 foot 8 and jumps through the roof?

I honestly believe I can make a case that Lebron James would be the best wide receiver and most uncoverable wide receiver in the NFL. The only questions are how great are his hands (I'd imagine very good, he seems to catch everything around him pass/steal wise) and does he want to play football? Well he thinks about it everyday...



So LBJ if you care to take a 2 year Jordan-esque sabbatical, feel free to put on a Green #23 jersey.

Pic from Lebron 2010

Comments

Andrew said…
I need to stop doing such good drugs. I thought you wanted Lyndon Johnson on the Jets.

Although a zombie would have it's uses.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.