Skip to main content

Danilo Gallinari Shall Now Be Known as Big Cock

In my limited interest in the draft I decided to do some research on Danilo Gallinari to see just what he was about. So naturally I first went to Wikipedia to check out his entry. It didn't provide much insight, but what it did provide was a link to Danilo's website. The website of course is in Italian, but that's what Google Translate is for. So I started my perusing and guess what Danilo has his very own blog, aptly named the DBLOG. And hoorah it was time to peruse the blog using the wondrously incorrect translations provided by google. Here are some highlights with one resulting serious conclusion:

His First Blog Post:

I was very amused to design these pages, and in particular are very happy to have even a blog ...
Not a blog any ...
This will be my blog, my diary, where write everything that I passing through the mind, tenendovi always up to date on what I am doing and thinking.
I like the idea to be able to compare with all who follow me, with you ...
this is exactly the right place to free the mind and relax.

Great Insight on Yao:

This morning I was with the radio turned to me to the shower when I hear that Yao Ming was injured and that the season with Houston is over!
I have precipitated the PC on the Internet and I find that not only is true, but which could also skip the Olympics!
Well .. I said now I call and do my mouth in a wolf .. because I felt close more than you imagine!

[Note He signed of this post simply as Cock]

Best Comments (Apparently Italians love his Cock):

Yesterday evening I was lucky enough to be ... fantastic game ... and as always great cock!

Written by Francy May 19 08 @ 20:23

great guys! grande vuckevic, super-booker e mitico gallo!! vuckevic great, super-booker and mythical cock!
l'atmosfera al forum era spettacolare! the atmosphere at the forum was spectacular! grazie! thank you! e adesso continuate così!!! and now continue so!

Written by chelseadaggers May 13 08 @ 17:28

27 points big cock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scritto da walter_94 il 19 maggio 08 @ 17:24 Written by walter_94 May 19 08 @ 17:24 (Link)

So what have we learned? Whatever his nickname is in Italy (Gallo) it translates simply to Cock. Therefore I think it should stay. Why should he have to change what so many Italian fans loved about him prior. He should be able to transition comfortably to the US by keeping his nickname, thus Long Live Danilo 'Big Cock' Gallinari.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well .. I said now I call and do my mouth in a wolf .. because I felt close more than you imagine!

he probably means good luck because "in bocca al lupo" means "in the mouth of the wolf" which is like "break a leg" in english...
liloo2602 said…
Hi!

Gallo is the Italian word for rooster but most of the time when you translate it in English (paper dictionary or online translators) it simply becomes "cock" (from the French word "coq"). I am French, I know what I am talking about cuz I used to make the same mistake haha!

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.