Skip to main content

NBA Finals Preview Just Cause

(Um for some reason Blogger didn't publish this yesterday. It simply left it scheduled to publish, who the hell knows why)

I figure I should at least give some kind of opinion on what is going to happen starting this evening. I picked the Celtics to win the NBA title at the beginning of the season for selfish reasons. I like one team from Boston, the Celtics and I want a piece of this championship run.

Anyway let's do a brief Roster Spot Comparison:

Starters: 2-1-2 Celtics

Derek Fisher vs. Rondo: Fisher's old, Rondo can't shoot I vote push.

Kobe vs. Ray Ray: Kobe hates Ray Ray will torch him and Ray Ray hasn't been making shots I vote big advantage Lakers.

Lamar vs. The Truth: Lamar is good but he isn't the Truth, he's more like science fiction I vote advantage Cs

Rad-Man vs. Perk: These players do nothing similar and nothing great I vote Push.

Pau vs. KG: They'll be covering each other and I think this is closer than most people but I vote KG.

Bench: 3-1-3 Celtics

Walton vs. Posey: They do similar things, Posey is a better defender and knocks down 3s I vote Posey

Vujacic vs. House: They see the court simply to shoot the ball its close but I vote Sasha

Mbenga vs. Brown: Brown has the potential to knock down shots I dont think Mbenga does anything I vote Brown.

Farmar vs. Cassell: Cassell is all but done but the nut dance has at least one more go round I vote push.

Ariza vs. T Allen: Both players are there to play tough D and nothing else I vote push

Turiaf vs. Davis: Similar players advantage Push.

Karl vs. Powe: Coby doesn't see the court, Powe could contribute I vote Powe.

Coaching: ∞-0 Lakers

Hopefully this series doesn't come down to coaching decisions. That would be very very bad for the Celtics.

Dead Ghost Presence: ∞-0 Celtics

There are no Lakers ghosts in the arena (Wilt is to busy having sex with your dead relatives). Meanwhile the Celtics have one pissed of Red who will be pulling out everything to keep Phil from passing him.

Cheerleading: Push

Turiaf and Scalabrine should seriously go head to head in a spirit finger showdown to the death. Turiaf may be a little more animated but he actually plays. All of Scals of exuberance is in jeans and a sport coat making his cheerleading skills slightly more genuine.

Final Tally: ∞+5-∞+2-6 Celtics

Both of these teams are pretty even at ∞, but the Celtics have the slight edge once Red balances out the Lakers coaching advantage. So that's why the Celtics are going to win this one in 7.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.