Skip to main content

Who's Ready For Another Meaningless Press Conference Apology?

Yesterday, I made light of the fact that you can now bet on what Tiger Woods will say. Today, I'm saying who the hell really cares what he says?

First off, what Tiger Woods did has absolutely no effect on you or I or anybody outside his family. He's not Donte Stallworth or Jim Leyritz who killed someone. I'm not his child who will grow up wealthy but with parents that want to swing a golf club at each other. I'm not a woman whose handler hooked me up with him. I'm a sports fan that likes watching Woods play golf. For all I care, he could spend every single minute of his days outside of tournament play screwing a different broad until he came down with every STD on the face of the earth. I don't care, as long as he stays on the golf course. The only thing he can do today that effects me, is say that he won't play in the Masters, this would piss me off.

Now to the real point, who is actually going to believe his apology today? I don't care if he cries throughout the entire thing. You don't cheat on your wife with a different woman in every city and feel that sorry about it. You feel sorry about getting caught. His apology is just one of the many sports apologies that come out of necessity to save public image rather than actually being sorry about what he did. It's is going to be proofread by 37 different PR reps to make sure it's the best of the best. His apology is going to be completely meaningless and fake and yet I guarantee it's on every front page of newspapers around the country simply because we are American and this is the kind of shit people like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.