Skip to main content

Someone Show Me My Paycheck Stat

A Journey into the Mind of Mike D'Antoni

...And that means the Chicago Bulls will have the #1 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft.

"Aww fuck are you god damn kidding me? The Bulls got the god damn #1 pick? That's not fair, why the hell didn't they tell me the NBA was rigging the lottery for them? I gotta deal with Stephon Marbury and trying to get fat ass Eddy Curry in shape and the fucking Bulls have the #1 pick in the god damn draft? Why? Why does the god damn NBA hate me?

Ok ok Mike calm down. It's ok, Beasley and Rose aren't that good. We're just in it for getting under the cap and luring Lebron to New York anyway, who cares about the #1 pick. Fuck who am I kidding this shit blows.

Ok ok, mental imagery time. Think about your first check. 6 million 6 million 6 million 6 million dollars each year. Ok ok, I think I'm better.

Man I want to kick that Bulls guy in the fucking groin.

I need something to drink."

End of the Journey into the Mind of Mike D'Antoni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...