Skip to main content

The Favre Fallout

Bringing in Favre means that he's the starting QB and out goes the quarterback controversy.

Chad Pennington

It's bittersweet to see Chad go for myself. He never was the most talented player in the world and the injuries ruined him of the limited arm strength he had to begin with but he laid everything on the field and after Namath he arguably could be the 2nd best quarterback in franchise history. He lead multiple playoff trips, picked up a couple wins and gave his heart out. Hell, he tried to suit up in games with a completely blown out shoulder, he was brittle but he battled and tried to fight through injuries. Perhaps I my feelings doesn't model those of the Jet fan base, especially considering the pathetic showing they gave when Pennington got hurt last year. But it's sad to see the words cut and Pennington in the same sentence.

With that being said its depressing watching Chad Pennington play football. He's probably top 5 or better regarding Quarterback intelligence in the NFL. He knows where to throw, when to throw, and how to read a defense. The fact that he could even be an NFL quarterback with his arm strength is testimony to his intelligence. But in a big spot in the 4th quarter when the Jets needed him to bring them down the field, he just couldn't thread the needle and put the ball in spots and NFL quarterback should be able to. He will never be a Superbowl winning quarterback, its sad but its true.

I really hope Chad latches on somewhere and gets a fair opportunity to be their starting QB. Like most I think the Vikings are the perfect fit, and I hope he winds up leading them to the post season.

Kellen Clemens

I think its pretty safe to say that I haven't exactly been the biggest Kellen Clemens fan in the world. I was hoping the Jets drafted either Leinart or Young in the 06 draft and was blah when they drafted him in the 2nd round. I wrote a little letter to Jet fans when he sucked completely in the first three quarters against the Ravens. Essentially he showed arm strength yet no ability to read defenses and no ability to pick up or read blitz packages. Essentially he was the polar opposite of Pennington.

After last season I think it's pretty safe to say I have no faith in Clemens to play this year, next year or the year after. I even said the Jets should draft Chad Henne so that they could have someone to compete with Clemens. So there is no part of me that is feeling sad to not see Clemens taking a large amount of snaps this season or next season or ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.