Friday, April 24, 2009
It's time for a change. It's time to accomodate the kids. It's time to create a horrendous mascot. But St. John's can't do it themselves, no they want fan input on the given options. So they give you quick snipits of what each mascot stands for.
1. Thunderbird is a mythological spirit of thunder and lightning...
2. Thunder Horse is a redesigned and improved version of "Thunder," the horse mascot of the 1990s.
3. Red Storm Bear: Black bears are native to New York State and can be some of the fiercest animals in the world.
4. Red Storm Dog: The Red Storm dog is a faithful, loyal and protective companion.
5. Storm Hero: Dressed in St. John's colors and adorned with thunderbolts, this superhero exudes strength, courage, confidence and tenacity.
6. Thunderbolt: A traditional expression for lightning or a symbolic representation, a thunderbolt has been a powerful symbol throughout history, and has appeared numerous times in mythology.
My vote is for Ron Artest Assault hero. He raps, he throws haymakers in the crowd, he does it all.
Courtesy of Deadspin