Skip to main content

Thoughts From the First Trip to Citi Field


~That wasn't my seat but it certainly was the "best seat" in the house. Look at that beam wee. Who needs to see the plate?

~If you're going to a game at Citi Field my first advise would be not get the cheapest seats in the house. That is unless you actually like not being able to see any of the outfield. Below is essentially where I was seated and for the majority of the game I couldn't see the left fielder OR the center fielder, I could see both when Luis Castillo was up. I also couldn't see the apple in center field. If you're going to get cheap seats, spend the extra 10 bucks and get them promenade seats in fair territory.



~So what are my overall thoughts on the stadium. It's 1 billion times better than Shea. It's not even close. Sure there's the limited view seats, but everything about the ballpark feels and looks better. And it's not even close.

~That being said there are issues, and most of these issues come if you're a Mets fan which I am not. I think honoring Jackie Robinson is great and all, but when you walk into the Mets ballpark don't you think the first thing you should see is a Mets logo, or a lot of pictures of Mets players? Instead you get a ton of Jackie Robinson photos and a massive blue 42. It's a great way to honor a great man, but to me if I'm a Mets fan that's not what I want.

~And that was far from the end of the Brooklyn escapades. We walked into a Mets store, one of the approximately 35 in the stadium, and the first thing we saw was a Dodgers jersey. It obviously was a Jackie Robinson jersey but still, you walk through the door and stare Dodgers in the face. It pissed my buddy off to no end. Then there's the Ebbet's club which is the fancy pants club for fancy pants people. The Ebbet's club has picture of Ebbet's field around it. The normal concession stands are called Brooklyn Burgers, or something to that measure, despite the fact that you're actually in Flushing. Way way too much Dodger stuff and not enough Mets stuff.

~The section of the stadium with Shake Shack, Blue Smoke and the Taqueria is where the good food is. Well I'm sure there's good food in the Ebbet's club, but good food normal people can buy. I bought two steak tacos which were delicious and a pint of BROOKLYN Ale. Unfortunately I went there in the 7th and missed the only run scored the entire game, had to watch it on the big screen tv while in line.

~There's still nothing to do outside the stadium and the CHOP shop is still grotesque looking.

~The outfield dimensions are overly quirky. Especially in right field with the Modell's section which is receeded about 10 feet behind the upper deck over hang. Not sure why they did that and not sure I like it. It makes it look as if the upper-deck is in the field of play. That's a bit too quirky for me.

~The stadium was pretty damn confusing to get around and there were a ton of security guards telling me I couldn't go in places or use certain staircases. I found that a bit weird/annoying. Also, the staircases need flat screen tvs.

~We walked into the Caesar's club and immediately didn't feel like we were in a baseball stadium anymore.

~I feel as if they could have added way way way more bathrooms than they had. Is there really a reason to have a bathroom with only 6 urinals? There should be like 40 per bathroom. There shouldn't be 30+ person lines in between innings anymore.

~We couldn't have asked for a better game. Straight pitchers dual between Johan and Yovani. The Mets took the lead in the 7th then handed it to the Putz, K-Rod combo and that was that.

~All in all it was a solid trip. The stadium is a billion times better than Shea again, but it certainly has some kinks to work out and certainly takes time to figure out how to get around. The stadium was nice, the food was solid, the game was great, just spend a few extra bucks and get tickets where you can see the entire field.

~Also, after the game we walked around the stadium and ended up catching the tail end of the Brewers squad walking into their bus. Power Jew looked like he thinks he's the shit and Trevor Hoffman is enormous.

2nd Photo Courtesy of Amazin Avenue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.