Skip to main content

Back from Vaca Quicknotes

~Alright I'm back from the old vacation which was overly necessary and very enjoyable as well as pretty tiring. 6 am flights are brutal. Anyway I didn't catch much sports this weekend but I'll do a quick recap of the stuff that I did catch and what else happened.

~But first let me get to something that will make most of the people that regularly read this site pleased. While down in the ole Disney myself and the better half were having a little competition as to who saw more apparel. We strictly limited it to shirts and jerseys as they were much easier to count. On Saturday at the Magic Kingdom it was only a little back of the issue story and then we decided on Sunday at Epcot we would count everything all day. At well that was a lie because at about noon after being in the park for two hours I conceded. There were far more Red Sox shirts and jerseys than Yankee jerseys. It was overly depressing for me it wasn't even close. People from New England just flock their entire families in the Red Sox apparel, and those that weren't were in Patriots apparel. They blew the Yankees stuff away.

~On to the biggest headline of the weekend, the Yankees third straight demise in the first round. Obviously I'm not pleased about this. I missed basically all of the thursday night game while at class, I missed all of the Sunday win while bouncing around the parks and I saw the end of the Friday night and Monday night loss. So basically I only saw misery. I was very annoyed with the TBS broadcasters, they were brutal with the end of an era and end of a dynasty crap. They haven't won a world series in 7 seasons, the dynasty died with Paul O'Neil.

~Now onto the possibility of firing Joe Torre. I'm kind of indifferent to be honest. I understand that what they've done the past 7 years is unacceptable but honestly who are they going to get that will do a better job? I guess its just change for the sake of change, which may or may be a good idea. I really don't know what the effect of Mattingly, Girardi, Larussa or anybody else will have on the team. Furthermore I don't think you can blame Torre for the loss this season at all. The only questionable decision you can look at in hindsight is starting Wang game 1 instead of Pettite. But it really made the most sense to start Wang 1 and 4 as he would be better suited to come back on short rest than Pettite and bring Andy back in game 5. I thought it was the right move. You can easily make an argument that Cashman has been the bigger reason for the Yanks lack of World Series success in the past 7 years, just look at the pitchers he's signed.

~On friday night when I was watching the game in the restaurant I thought it was snowing in Cleveland. It wasn't.

~Wang is the big culprit in the Yanks suckfest. Sure other people were bad, like the Captain, but when your 'Ace' goes out and gets pounded twice you can't win a series. Look at who won the series thus far, Jeff Francis 2 runs and a Win, CC Sabathia 3 runs and a Win, Brandon Webb 1 run and a Win, and finally Josh Beckett Shutout and a win. See the theme?

~Overall it seems as if I didn't miss much in the baseball world, three sweeps and the Yanks shitfest.

~As for the Jets I DVR'd the game and didn't get to it yesterday. I was attempting to avoid the score entirely but on monday morning when I got breakfast and walked towards my table they had sportscenter on in the lobby and well, it flashed the Giant Jet score as soon as I turned around. So I know they lost. That's about all I know. I'll probably get to watching it quickly tonight which will probably further piss me off.

~The Bills Offense should be absolutely ashamed with themselves. 6 turnovers, 2 defensive tds and a special teams td and all your offense can muster is 3 points. Pathetic.

~I didn't catch much of the college scores but how the hell did USC lose to Stanford? And Notre Dame won? What the hell is going on in the college football world.

~Two of my players Santana Moss and Isaac Bruce apparently didn't play this weekend. I played them though and lost by 2 points from which I could have easily gotten from the Wideout on my bunch. Boo to that.

~Now back to the vacation notes just in case you were overly curious. I went to Islands of Adventure on friday after my 6 am flight. The Hulk is still a sweet ride. Went to the Magic Kingdom and then Epcot on saturday. Epcot is a lot cooler when you are older, because of the availability of booze. And afterwards went out to a Piano bar which was surprisingly cool. I flip flopped and did Epcot in the morning and Magic Kingdom at night on sunday. It worked out well cause the better halfs brother new people working on rides so we went on Space Mountain 4 straight times without waiting in the 40 minute line. That was nice. And yesterday we did Animal Kingdom in the morning which has a solid new Coaster and then MGM at night which is probably the least cool of all the parks except for the Tower of Terror, Aerosmith coaster and the Fantasmic show which is the best at Disney. So in essence I was a little kid this weekend, except for the boozing, and its great to be back in Connecticut. Or not.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is your "better half" a man or a woman? Are they in some sort of witness protection program and cant be referred to by a name? Or are they just embaraased that their boyfriend is a loser who writes about sports on the internet and has a bunch of loser friends that check the site every 15 minutes to see if he posted some more nonsense?

I would prefer if you would answer these questions in a seperate post with some photoshopped pictures. I will check back in 15 minutes.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.