Skip to main content

Do I Really Want Boston to Enjoy Another

I was born and raised a Celtic fan and have never wavered from that position in my life (other than to additionally cheer on C-Webb). But this year is an odd one. I was saddened by the trade of my favorite Celtic and don't feel any real connection with the current roster given that 2/3 of the team are newly acquired studs that I will never associate with the Celtics.

In any other year I would quickly get over this fact. However this year my hatred towards all things Boston has hit its highest point. The Red Sox just won the World Series, which intensely pissed me off. The Patriots are arguably the best football team ever assembled, which is overly depressing. Even BC seems bullet proof. Hell the Bruins even had a hot start. Everything seems to be going Boston's way. Even in college when I was surrounded by Mass fans a Red Sox World Series and multiple Pats Superbowl titles I didn't hate Boston teams this much. Perhaps its the fact that I was mildly sympathetic in 2004 where as now as a statement of fact the Red Sox are and a better team and should be next season. Maybe with each additional year of dominance my Patriot hate increases. Whatever it is I just feel like more and more I am hoping for the demise of a Boston team and more and more I am disappointed by their success rate.

If the Celtics were to ever win the title this season it would fully stamp the fact Boston would have the most historic year in Sporting History and I honestly right now I don't know if I can or want to deal with that. Perhaps in a few months after the fallout of the World Series and perhaps a stunning upset of the Pats, and after watching the Celtics play a few games I will again grow to love the Leprechauns but right now I am unsure if I can throw my typical passion towards the hardwood.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Atleast when the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets go 1-15 this seaon you will have a top 3 pick in the draft seeing Miami and St Louis dont look like there ripping off more than 2 wins. That will give you something to cheer about. The glass is half full.
Anonymous said…
Naaman brings the heat.

Hey don't forget the fact that your baseball team's administration alienated, insulted, and lost possibly the best manager the game has ever seen.
Bob Kraft said…
I like Torre as much as the next guy, but is he the best manager the game has ever seen? I disagree. What did he do before he was handed a team with the highest payroll? Let's just see what he does with the dodgers if they don't get A rod.
Simon said…
Agreed, I don't care that Torre is gone. I care more that the Red Sox might be better next year with lester and Bucholz in the rotation.
Anonymous said…
I think Cashman is the true douche of the Yankees organization. I'm not absolving Torre of any blaim, but I think his record and history speaks for itself. Not to mention the devotion his players show for him.

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Holtz is the Homer / Annoyingly Delusional

As my buddy Joe and I always joke, if Notre Dame was suiting up against an all Jesus team, aka a team made up of 55 Sons of God, Lou Holtz would probably still pick Notre Dame to win by a touchdown. So of course this weekend when I'm watching Sportscenter and they have him and fellow old man Corso making predictions, Lou picks ND to beat Michigan. Not that big of a deal, Michigan is a big question mark this year, but of course than Lou says that Notre Dame will win 11 games this year. This is the same Notre Dame that lost to a service academy last year. And just when you thought the douchy homerism was going to end ESPN asks which BCS school is going to be the biggest surprise team in the country. Any guesses to whom it was? I'll give you a clue it was another team he coached. If you guessed South Carolina you would be a winner. Next up on Lou's prediction watch, the Jets win the Superbowl, NC St. wins the ACC, Arkansas dominates the SEC West, Minnesota wins the Big

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Ranking the New York Jets Historical Helmets

There's no way you can't go with the Helmet they won the Super Bowl in. You just can't. Next, I really don't understand why they don't where the helmet with the Jet as their throwback uniforms. That helmet is awesome. Then I'm going with the Helmets from the 80s because it's the classic feel and the white face mask is 10 times better than the black one. And the rankings continue until you get to... The Titans Helmet. I hate everything about those Titan uniforms. The Helmets are boring and the colors are GOD awful. Navy blue and Mustard? What the hell is that. Disgusting. If they wore those unis when I was a kid I'd probably be a Giant fan, and be much happier with my life in football.