Skip to main content

Week 11 NFL Pick Suggestions

Woo more Thursday night football that I can't watch because I don't get the NFL Network. Woo.

1. Carolina Panthers (-3 1/2) vs. Miami Dolphins
No more Ronny Brown means no more diesel wildcat. All wildcat will now be run with the 130 pound gazelle Pat White. It won't be very effective and the Dolphins offense will struggle because of it.

2. Philadelphia Eagles (-3 1/2) at Chicago Bears
The Eagles and Bears are in spiral down mode. I'm taking the Eagles here because I think that they will be able to put up ample points on the weakened Bears D and that their defense will continue the Cutler frustration and color blindness.

3. Detroit Lions(-3 1/2) vs. Cleveland Browns
The Lions can score around 20 points on any team and they can give up around 20 points to any team, but the Browns. The Browns have no offensive talent whatsoever and will be lucky to score double digits in any game the rest of the year.

4. San Diego Chargers (-2 1/2) at Denver Broncos
I hate the god damn Broncos. I can't even pick them right when they're playing the god damn Redskins. Screw the Broncos, their downward spiral is going to continue.

5. New York Giants (-6.5) vs. Atlanta Falcons
The Falcons will be without Michael Turner, their main weapon. The Giants will be coming off a bye and will be desperate for a win to keep them above .500. This is a game the Giants can't lose.

Survivor Pick of the Week: Bengals
The two options are the Cards at Rams and the Bengals at the Raiders. I think the Raiders are worse than the Rams thus we are going Bengals. Feels risky.

The Rest of the Picks

Spreadless

Comments

Unknown said…
No NFL network means you are missing out on the greatest channel every, NFL RedZone!!
LDUTheCoach said…
LOL thats a funny start to the blog with the NFL thursday nighter comment

Over in canada we get any game we really want (best games usually) as we dont need to be a subscriber of the NFL Network and No game is ever blacked out.. its great!!

Take a look at my picks this week if you want!!

http://www.lionsdenu.com/category/sports/nfl-guide-2009-2010/

Popular posts from this blog

M E T S = Mercifully End The Season

Do it before David Wright gets Hurt!

Numbers On Steroids: Mickey Mantle

Numbers on Steroids is a look at baseball players during the 90s to see if anything screams out at you. This week it's throwing a curve ball and looking at All Time Great Yankees. Players that we know did not take steroids to see if this gives a defense to any of the players 'convicted' by Numbers on Steroids. Time to look at my dad's favorite athlete of all time, Mickey Mantle. Averages Say: What's with the mysterious dip at 27 and then the uptick? At Bats Per Home Run Says: That's a mighty jump from 22 to 24 Explaining As If It Was the 90s If you take a look at the numbers there are two time frames which in the 1990s would be questioned. First would be the incredible leap he took from his first year in the big leagues to his first MVP season in 1956. His batting average jumped 50 points. His slugging percentage jumped 90 points and he hit 15 more homers than his previous high. This wouldn't merrit a conviction nowadays though because the young age he...

Guest Post: Thoughts on Sabathia Signing

I asked Grutt what his thoughts were on the Sabathia signing and I thought his response pretty much nailed it. So here it is. I don’t know. Every year I get a little more disenchanted with baseball. Yea, it’s great we signed the top pitching free agent. But we were supposed to. No team was even in the ballpark of the Yankees offer yet they still needed to jump from the already ridiculous price of $140 million to $160 million to close the deal. Now I hear we are going to sign more pitchers who will also get large contracts and the position player gaps are still glaring. Each new, large contract just adds to the feeling that the Yanks are supposed to win it all. “I think we have a good chance this year.” That is a lost feeling. If they don’t win I’ll wonder why, like there has to be some other reason besides that it’s a sport you can never predict how things will work out and some years just aren’t yours to be won. If they win I will be pleasantly smug. It gets a little more...